Tuesday, September 6, 2011

REMEMBER WHEN???

"Remember when" BY Alan Jackson     

This song was dedicated to me on our 10th year anniversary FIVE YEARS AGO....Mike sang it to me, while playing the guitar.  I can't believe the road that we have walked along.  It's hard to believe that 15 years ago Mike and I became one. Our marriage has had many ups and downs like many marriages, but through the good times, the bad times, the strong times, and the broken times we have learned to put God in the center of our marriage, which ultimately saved our marriage two years ago!!! We are able to weather the storm because of our faithfulness and love for each other, but most importantly because of the Love for God that we share...
I remember the day I found out I was pregnant, I was only 16. 
I remember the day I had our son, Kirk.. Our first, breathtaking miracle-our bundle of joy, our blessing!
I remember the first day we got our first apartment-Feb. 6, 1996
I remember us sharing my grief together as I lost my father in the battle of cancer
I remember our second breathtaking miracle, Owen. His smile lit our hearts...
I remember the next several years of health issues tearing at our core; my back surgery that had me down and out for 3 months, the two miscarriages that left me heartbroken
I remember when we finally shared in the joy of our third breathtaking miracle, our precious little girl, Lyvvie
I remember when life on earth was hell, when our world was rocked upside down dealing with the agonizing torment we shared, for over a year, from something so personal in our lives
I remember when the drinking became so routine, that i was often left feeling alone, isolated and rejected
I remember the fits of rage, anger and hate. The yelling, screaming and fighting
I remember when once again we were forced to deal with tragedy with the loss of your Grandmother, mother, and brother
I remember when a friend was a lifeline and recommendded a "getaway", and graciously offered us their lakehouse.  A book entitled "Love and Respect" and a movie "Fireproof"
I remember when that just wasn't enough, we decided to separate
I remember when you asked the Lord into your heart Oct 9, 2009 and His redeeming grace saved you and restored our marriage
I remember when we felt the call to go into ministry, which meant we would have to leave our friends and family but that we would share the road together, accept the challenge and move out of state in faith,  knowing there wasn't a better place to live but in the will of God
I remember when we made a vow to stay together through good times and bad times, sickness and health to death due us part!!
I remember on Sept. 7th, 1996 on this day I married my friend, the one I live with, laugh with, dream with and LOVE...... 
I remember the love I had, have, and will always have for you
I love you Mike!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment