Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 5!!

                                                         Updates in OUR Lives:
     We are still in the stage of this long extensive line of work that will need to be done on Owen's teeth!!
Currently, we visited the orthodontist to see if he could make room for two permanent teeth to be made... He does not have enough room since before the accident he had a severe under bite.  We are waiting for approval from the insurance for his THREE root canals, and now the braces!
    I have currently working on Programming for the Winter Retreat @ Camp Rivercrest.  I am working alongside of the two directors for directions.  I am excited and nervous all at the same time as this is my first program (for camp) We have so many fun activities planned. I just pray everything goes well, and it all brings God's name glory! Please pray for our strength and endurance for the weekend; as it will be a long weekend!!
    Our Valentine's Party planning is underway as well! I love planning Parties, but forgot how time consuming they are to do... I am still working on developing time management, and setting priorities; I often times get swept under with the emotion of being overwhelmed.  We are having a 50's SOCK HOP.  The kids and I have been working on paper macheing "music notes" and making pinatas for decorating.  The girls and the Mothers will be meeting @ our house next week to make "poodle Skirts" The Party should be a Blast!!
   Mike's EMT classes are going well! There is so much information to cover, he often comes home mentally drained. This is only for a season.  I pray that he will be able to pass the National Registry so this will have all been worth it
   Kirk's one art class got overbooked.  Because we were going to go on a day that wasn't inconvenient for us we opted out until April! I think it should be a good think as we are still anticipating the "winter" here in Nebraska! The hour long drive would have been horrible.
    Lyvvie is enrolled in a bible quiz for Feb. 4th.  through the Awana program. And her Grand Prix race is this Sunday! She worked very hard on her car, we are very proud of her!
   Our whole family is working on the Memory Verse that I will leave to you; it is a great promise and is very rewarding to know that we have a gracious God who knows all about us!!
              Psalm 139
1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain.
 7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to you.
 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment