Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Live Well, Laugh Much, & Love Often!!!!

                                                             
                                         A smile starts on the lips, A grin spreads to the eyes,
                          A chuckle comes from the belly; But a good laugh bursts forth from the soul,
                                                   Overflows, and bubbles all around
                                                          - Carolyn Birmingham


     Today was our First day back to School... The day started rough, but God quickly reminded me how friendships and laughter are good for the soul. It is important to rearrange time out of our busy lives to spend with others that are uplifting and encouraging!  In doing so, it not only brings healing to the soul but it creates bonds that are everlasting.
      My life used to be filled with busyness so much that I missed opportunities to connect.  I used to think, the more busy and involved I was the better I could be. I have been a stay at home mom, therefore no college degrees or social ladders to climb.  I felt like I had nothing to offer "the social world", no achievements to brag amount, no successes to share.  A people pleaser, that I had become, would not give in to the fact that my priorities were all wrong.  I could not say NO, as that would disappoint and bring conflict. With out asking my husband, family or even God if it was his will for my life for that matter, I would submerge myself into the next task prior to another commitment being finished.  This only brought stress, anxiety and disrespect to my family.
      Yes, I am good at a lot of things, and Yes, I enjoy many of the things that I did, however the time and energy I was spending on others to please them, is the energy I needed to refocus towards God and his desires for me! After all I made a commitment to Him to follow him and serve HIM! (NOT PEOPLE) And when God calls us to follow him, he neither drags us nor pushes us.  Rather the Lord walks ahead of us, planting footsteps in the sand so we'll never lose sight of him. (Liz Curtis Higgs) When our attention and focus is on God; he will give us the desires of our hearts.  The desire of my heart:
1) Is for people to see Jesus in me
2) To have a willingness and a desire to follow him
3) To have my priorities right, and to focus my attention on where it needs to belong
2) To have a Strong, Christ centered marriage
3) To have a healthy, happy family who loves God, themselves and each other
5) A family who has great values and morals
6) For Godly friendships that produces Laugther in the Best of Times

 Live Well, Laugh Much, and Love Often!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment