Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 23!!!

      Owen was supposed to get three root canals today, but they were only able to do two! They found another infection, so injected him with an antibiotics; they will not be able to do the third for 10 days..... To help relieve him from the stress I had told him if he went so bravely I, myself, would go to the dentist.  I have not been to the dentist in 17 years!!!! WOW, until I did the math I had not realized how long it had been.  I am paranoid of the dentist. I have always been ashamed of my teeth and was told they weren't "worthy" to be fixed as a child.  That perception along with the dentist looking in my mouth one visit, and gasping (for whatever reason) drove a  fear in me that has had a stronghold on me! Now 17 years later, and my teeth causing me pain night after night, I have convinced myself that I must start somewhere! This in itself may be a long road of recovery. I'm certain that every tooth in my mouth has a cavity on it!!!
Lesson: Its ceases to amaze me how we can be so overcome by fear; no matter what the situation or circumstances are.......
" For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16 

No comments:

Post a Comment