Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 24!!

Today was the day I conquered my fear.....I had walked into the dentist office and could feel my head spinning.  I couldn't believe how long it had been.  Kirk and Lyv looked at me and would just giggle because they knew what was to come.  As I waited and by process of elimination I knew it was my turn next.  My heart pounded... But then, instead of my name being called Doctor Cacho came out to the area and sat down beside me! She was genuinely concerned for Owen and how he was doing after his root canals.  With her concern and compassion, I realized I had found a true dentist; one who actually cares about her job. I have never had that experience. Wesat and talked,  as if she were my friend, I poured my heart out to her. I couldn't believe I had allowed my fear to cripple not only my care but Owens as well.  I have allowed him to go FOUR years without front teeth all because it was not a priority for me, because of my fear. These last couple of weeks as we have set in motion a plan to attain front teeth for my son, I have seen him gain self esteem.  I do not want them to feel as if they are not worthy enough.  We all make mistakes and this is clearly one of mine.
Finally, the time had come.  I went back and had x-rays taken, and my blood pressure! My blood pressure was 180/143!!! The receptionist told me If I didn't calm down I would have to go to the doctors!!! So with all that said.... the verdict......
Four Cavities
Broken fillings
Teeth that need to be cleaned
and a JAW that needs to be looked at
In actually my severe overbite is what is causing a lot of my headaches, neck and shoulder pains and swollen jaw!!! The jaw is being overused... and with that I had to chuckle (that isn't the only reason my jaw is over used!!! Yes, I said that!!)  So when it was all said in done, the work is "do able" I think I can manage!
Next week, the work begins.  I will have my teeth cleaned for the first time in 17 years and have my cavities filled.  I will get through this... I think I can, I think I can..... Wait.... I KNOW I CAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment