Friday, February 24, 2012

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Today was a monumental point in my life!!! I went and had my teeth cleaned and had my four cavities filled!!!! My mouth is still numb.. but I did it!!! They also explained how bacteria in your gums can lead to bacteria getting in your blood stream which also could lead to the reason I get sick so much!!! I have learned my 17 year lesson.. I want to take care of myself as God has given me this body as in instrument to be used by him.. that means even my health!!!

1 Corinthians 6:19
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own"

My insecurities had a stronghold on me for so long, that crippled me with fear and a burdens and worry..
I always felt that I was not worthy enough to be taken care of has a "punishment" for never having any money! Strongholds are birthed and dwell in deception (which are lies and false beliefs), so naturally the cure is to bring the truth in God's Word on the scene. The Bible says that our weapons are mighty for the tearing down of strongholds

2 Cor 10:4
"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."

What is our primary offensive weapon? The sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God

Eph 6:17
"...the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." 

Truth dispels deception and lies, and therefore the more truth you bring into a situation, the more the darkness must flee. This is where it's important to grow in God's Word

John 8:31-32
 "continue in my word... and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Strongholds are torn down as we meditate on God's Word, which is truth.  There are many different kinds of strongholds; you could be struggling with depression ,anger, anguish, fear, abandonment, addictions etc etc.  (all of which I struggle from)God wants to deliver us from anything that has deception over our lives.  He is our deliverer as we are his precious children that is beautiful in his sight,

Psalm 139:14
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made"

I used that verse for my children to help their confidence and self worth, never applying that to my own life..
It is up to God and in is sovereignty to teach us according to his perfect will.. By me trying to control this aspect of my life was only another way of showing God I wasn't trusting him!

Proverbs 3:3-5
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight"

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

I am so glad that Christ died for me and paid for my sins.  I am so glad that he is in control of breaking strongholds no matter how big or little they may be.  And I am so glad to be called a "Christian" knowing that title doesn't mean I am perfect but that I acknowledge that I need Christ's help EVERYDAY of MY LIFE... Including a visit to the dentist!!!!

Three Rusted Nails  Two thousand years ago you sent your son
You wanted us to understand
That who so ever would believe in him
Would be safe in his hands
With three rusty nails and an old dogwood tree
The sacrifice was made for you and me
We were afraid to say that he was the one
What have we done to your son
Oh how it hurts when someone laughs at you
Their words can cut you like a knife
Just think of all the shame we put him through
Guess he gave more than his life
Well we know not what we do
We know not what we say
We’ll never know the price he paid to take our sins away

With three rusty nails and an old dogwood tree
 am so thankful that God took the nails

No comments:

Post a Comment