Monday, March 12, 2012

Daniel in the Lions DEN!!!!

        So today the kids and I declared that it would be Monopoly Monday.  The morning was great, despite the fact that I had called the doctors and once again was told they would have to locate my file and call me  back! My back was feeling some relief, however my left leg is still numb and tingly and for the most part I limb.  The kids just simply enjoyed the fact I wasn't laying in bed.  To speed the story up, I get a phone call in the afternoon, from my bank, the FRAUD department. She wanted to verify a few transactions that my card had made.( okay, well right away she has my attention for two reasons... 1) I haven't gone anywhere obviously and 2) We do not have any money, so no transactions should have been made) Needless to say within minutes I realize my number has been stolen; there was a transaction of   $$$681.11!!!!!! I called my bank and reported the phone call-They put a stop on our cards and will watch our account for the next few days.  Soo then, I call customer service.  Kirk and Lyvvie received next books for Christmas. Both tablets were defected, so we returned them.  When we got the new ones, they didn't work either. This whole process has been going on since January.  Of course, they can not give me a refund all they can do is send me TWO new ones!! And.. called the doctors office back... they were closed!!!!!!!
       I am starting to feel like Job!! Job was a righteous man who feared and respected God. Trouble, trials, tribulations all came his way. We do not understand the afflictions that we go through.  Obviously a certain measure of trouble comes to each of us.  God has a purpose in sending trails our way..
Job 4: 17 "Blessed is the man whom God corrects; so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty"
Job 4:9 "He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,miracles that cannot be counted"
      I am being tested in every way, and when I think I can't handle anything else, something else is thrown my way.  I feel helpless, and frustrated.   In desperation I open my bible, hoping God will speak to me through his word (as I KNOW HE WILL) Sure enough I found myself reading the story of Daniel (not JOB)
Daniel worked for a king in a pagan land where it was against the law to pray to God for help. One day Daniel was discovered  breaking the law and was cast into a den of lions.  A stone was rolled over the entrance, locking him in.  There he WAITED through the long night for DELIVERANCE......TRUSTING GOD.
Daniel 6:23 "The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den.  And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in God"
       In other words He had been DELI VERED!!!!   I found this passages interesting, because I have been to this passage before, when like now, I was in a season of waiting. Only when we begin to nurture the wait with trust will our deliverance come. We all find ourselves in situations where we are waiting on something that leads us feeling helpless.  Like Daniel and Job they too felt that helplessness, but they spent their time trusting in GOD! I will leave you with the words song by Mandisa......

I was so helpless, where did the light go?
I had no hope left deep down in my soul
I was watchin', I was waitin', I was prayin'
I was stayin' down on my knees
That's right where You found me

My Deliverer You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer You set me free now I'm alive and I can live
So every moment I will give You praise
My Deliverer, ooh my Deliverer

There's no pretending, I can't do it myself
I'm so dependent, Lord I need Your help
I'll be watchin', I'll be waitin', I'll be prayin'
I'll be stayin' down on my knees
That's right where You'll find me

My Deliverer You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer You set me free now I'm alive and I can live
And every moment I will give You praise

La, la, la, la, la, I need You
You know whatever I'm goin' through
I'll be watchin', I'll be waitin', I'll be prayin'
I'll be stayin' down on my knees
That's right where You'll find me

My Deliverer, my Deliverer

My Deliverer You rescued me from all that held me captive
My Deliverer You set me free now I can live
My Deliverer I'm no longer captive
My Deliverer You gave Your life that I might live
So every moment I will give You praise

No comments:

Post a Comment