Friday, April 20, 2012

Series of updates!!!



WE are almost done with our first year of homeschooling!!! It has been a challenging journey, however very exciting..
When we started this journey I was gripped with fear, consumed with worry and frankly overwhelmed. I didn't know where to start.  I felt inadequate to say the least.  But with every obstacle that is put before you, you must start one step @ a time. 
The kids were behind and I knew that, so we started our year with a mountain to climb.  Some days came easier than others. But some days brought me to my knees as I cried many tears.  I was overcome by so many emotions. We took it in stride however, as we faced each day.   
I will say I am overjoyed with the progress the kids have made.  We still are climbing our mountain.. 
In this years time; I had a child regain his self-worth, a child who gained his confidence back and a child who realized that learning does not need to take place in a building.   This year I realized that when your up against an obstacle -no matter the size- It's not about your inadequacy, but of an adequate God who has so much strength, grace and wisdom.  I have learned to lay my pride down and ask for help, asking for help is not a sign of weakness, Our greatest strength is knowing when to ask for help. I have learned that God places before us support when needed. And that "we have not because we ask not" I have learned that educating my own children has been non other than a complete blessing! 


1 comment:

  1. Well said. You are an amazing mom and you are doing a great job teaching your kids. I am finishing up my 10th year homeschooling and I am still learning some of the lessons you outlined. May God continue to bless you efforts as you continue to strive to be more like Him!

    ReplyDelete