Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Strolling down memory lane!!

      The time has quickly gone by! I can't believe 10 months have gone by since our family departed from Ohio to start a new journey.   Our journey has had many twists and turns, ups and downs, good times, bad times, sad times and happy times...I remind myself all the time...

 "that my thoughts are not God's thoughts my ways are not his ways" Isaiah 55:8-9

I look back on these last 10 months and recap some of the highlights of this adventure:

1) established a home in Nebraska
2) accomplished many goals and continue to do so
3) developed long lasting friendships
4) grown in our spiritual walk with the Lord

I also look back and recollect some of the moments in time that lead us to many different emotions

1) We received our first financial support from anonymous donor of $1.11 (truly humbled me and touched my heart)
2) Our needs were provided for
3) I had come to terms with the fact that for many years I planted a harvest of busyness and you reap what you sow.  I acknowledged the behavior and decided to rearrange my priorities
4) Our vehicle broke down (again, again, again and yet again) (haha)
5) We were blessed with the opportunity to go to an outdoor festival called Lifelight..
6) Met a wonderful organization called AMEN, that truly puts the missional living behind the faith that Christ talks about in his word
7) My sister and Ryan surprised us with a visit
8) We learned different traditions for the holidays as we celebrated them alone
9) I began to home school
10) joined a co-op
11) attended a 10 week marriage training to counsel couples
12) was blessed to have dental care, & eye care
13) was utilized in many different occasions to be a channel for God
14) herniated a disc in my back
15) put on TONS of weight
16) have been completely and utterly thankful for the many, many blessings that have been showered upon our family
16) have had a couple "rounds" of depression (my silent struggle)
17) Spent many hours at camp
18) Started several social groups
l9) Finished my first year of homeschooling!!!!!!
20) Coming HOME FOR A VISIT!!!!

    Our family will get the privilege of  traveling back to Ohio for a visit!! We are looking forward to seeing as many people as we can!! I guess this is why I started thinking back over our journey.  As I was packing tonight I did the calculation in my head as to how long we've been gone, which made me ponder on the last 10 months to send me down memory lane!

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" Ephesians 3:20

As you can see I couldn't possibly list all the things that has happened ( I guess you should re read all my posts if you want to know more than whats on the list... haha) the last 10 months. But I will say this.................

We serve an awesome God! I am truly thankful for this journey we are on. I am truly thankful that in this journey we have been given time to go visit our loved ones..I am truly excited for the wild and wonderful experience that we will experience here at camp this summer after our visit, and can not see all the amazing things that God has in store for US!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment