Well.... we officially completed our first week of camp!!!! I am drained......
Here are a few highlights from this week....
1) First day of camp was both exciting and exhausting... It is great to be in the heart of camp!
2) The jingle and chants have started... I wake up everyday with the song in my head....
"I said a BOOM, CHICKA BOOM"
3) We are selling mission bracelets for an orphanage in China.. We have raised approximately 350.00
4) Kids are dedicating their hearts to Christ!!!!!
5) We were all soaked by the end of today as we had to work in the pouring rain..... As I entered the chapel, the counselors were dancing around with the campers.. They were making the best out of a situation that could have easily been complained about. The staff at Rivercrest is incredible... Its amazing how God orchestrates such wonderful plans for everyone lives that are involved!!!
6)I had a couple of disposable cameras in the snack shack that we were selling.. A kid came up today and I asked how I could help him? He then replied, "I'll take a "fake camera" please" bahahahahaha....
Our family will spend tonight and saturday relaxing and resting as we prepare for another week....
I leave you with this encouragement
believed to be Rev Wade Watts
When things go wrong, as they sometimes
When the road your trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low
and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you
Life is queer with its twists and its turns,
As everyone of us
And many a failure turns about
When they might have won,
had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
succeed with another blow.
Often the struggler has given up
might have captured the victors cup;
And he learned too late when the night
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure
turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can
tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to
the fight when your hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't