I need your help!!!!!!!!!Dear Friends and Family;
I come to you today with a heavy, heavy heart!! A dear close friend of mine as come to me and asked if we keep their family in prayer... Her daughter is suffering from anorexia!!! She is a smart, beautiful girl; But Satan is on the war path.. He is trying to use all different kinds of strongholds to get to the heart of our next generation. I am ANGRY! This could happend to MY daughter, it could happend to YOURS....
Would you please take the time to educate yourself on this serious issue; and UNITE with me in prayer to lift this DAUGHTER up in PRAYER. Allow her to be the representive of all teenage girls that battle with this issue. This is no joke...
I am seeing the hurt, depression, the cutting, the eating disorders more closely. These kids are faced with adult issues that they shouldnt have to face. But Satan is a coward and he will bully anyone into his strongholds... But the bible says "Submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). The Name of Jesus is the Name at which Satan will always flee.
Definition of AnorexiaAnorexia: An eating disorder characterized by markedly reduced appetite or total aversion to food. Anorexia is a serious psychological disorder. It is a condition that goes well beyond out-of-control dieting. The person with anorexia, most often a girl or young woman, initially begins dieting to lose weight. Over time, the weight loss becomes a sign of mastery and control. The drive to become thinner is thought to be secondary to concerns about control and fears relating to one's body. The individual continues the endless cycle of restrictive eating, often to a point close to starvation. This becomes an obsession and is similar to an addiction to a drug. Anorexia can be life-threatening.
Anorexia nervosa facts
- Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder and, more importantly, a psychological disorder.
- The cause of anorexia has not been definitively established, but self-esteem and body-image issues, societal pressures, and genetic factors likely each play a role.
- Anorexia affects females far more often than males and is most common in adolescent females.
- Anorexia tends to affect the middle and upper socioeconomic classes and Caucasians more often than less advantaged classes and ethnic minorities in the United States.
- The disorder affects about 1% of adolescent girls and about 0.3% of males in the U.S.
- People with anorexia tend to show compulsive behaviors, may become obsessed with food, and often show behaviors consistent with other addictions in their efforts to overly control their food intake and weight.
- Men with anorexia are more likely to also have other psychological problems; affected women tend to be more perfectionistic and be more displeased with their bodies.
- Children and adolescents with anorexia are at risk for a slowing of their growth and development.
- The extreme dieting and weight loss of anorexia can lead to a potentially fatal degree of malnutrition.
- Other possible complications of anorexia include heart-rhythm disturbances, digestive abnormalities, bone density loss, anemia, and hormonal and electrolyte imbalances.
- Given the prevalence of denial of symptoms by individuals with anorexia, gathering information from loved ones of the anorexia sufferer is important in the diagnosis and treatment of the disorder.
- Most medications are much better at treating symptoms that are associated with anorexia than addressing the specific symptoms of anorexia themselves.
- As with many other illnesses with addictive symptoms, it takes a day-to-day effort to control the urge to relapse, and treatment may be needed on a long-term basis.
- Increased understanding of the causes and treatments for anorexia remain the focus of ongoing research in the effort to improve the outcomes of individuals with this disorder