Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Living as an example!!

                                                                   John 16:33
            ~In this world you will have trouble but take heart! I have overcome the world~

Yesterday's sermon was entitled "Growing through it!"

When problems come  3 things can happened
* We Leave God
*We Go through Denial
*We Grow through the problem

God does not want us to leave him (as he will NEVER leave or forsake us) nor deny what we are going through. He wants us to grow through it and the ways we can are by

1)Growing in knowledge of God's sovereignty
     a) We are called to Trust God
     b) His ways are HIS
     c) The things that go on in our lives are used for HIS purpose
2) Grow in God's Son
3) Grow in God's Grace
4) Grow in God's glory
5) Grow in God's Word

So TODAY I woke up with excruciating pain in my back... I have felt the pain coming on for about two weeks now.. I had an injection back in April and it truly did get me through the summer. 
I was checking my voice mail and their was a message from the Nebraska Spine Center.  I anticipated calling them anyways to see if the doctor would order another injection.  The message indicated that their was some insurance mix up; that the receptionist would be happy to help file the right claim. I was confused considering we only have one insurance now.  I called back and to my dismay the second insurance wanted the first insurance to pay first so they were requesting their money back. I did not realize that we still had benefits with our first insurance and that they should be the primary and my second insurance the secondary.  SO I need to call all my providers that I have seen this past year, explain the mix up so that they can send all the payments back, resubmit the claim and have the proper insurance billed!!! WHAT.... says the person who absolutely hates doing this kind of stuff!!!! (ME) In the meanwhile, I called back the spine center to see what could be done, while waiting for the insurance confusion.. They will not be able to give me a second injection until the first one has been paid.  Desperate I ask how much the injections were....... 905.00!!!! OUCH, I will be waiting...
So time to practice what I just heard yesterday during the sermon... Filled with anxieties and worry I opened my bible to JOB 5:6-9

~For hardship does not spring from the soil, nor does trouble sprout from the ground. Yet man is born to trouble as surely as sparks fly upward. But if it were I, I would appeal to God; I would lay cause before him.  He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted...~

I am amazed at God's provision and how he answers our prayers... We had prayed for my back to sustain through the summer; and that it did!! I am not sure of the reason why I must suffer this pain, but God does.... as hard as it is for me I desperately want to be an example for HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment