Thursday, August 2, 2012

"The shack"

Okay so the last few days exhaustion has settled in... I sent out a prayer request to keep our family in your prayers.  While being exhausted, stress levels run high, love is not showed as easy; let's face it there is nothing left to give.
As I was talking with a dear friend she simply reminded me that even Jesus himself, retreated to REST and PRAY!


*And early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a lonely place, and was praying there. ( Mark 1:35)
*And immediately He made His disciples get into the boat and go ahead of Him to the other side to Bethsaida, while He Himself was sending the multitude away. And after bidding them farewell, he departed to the mountain to pray. ( Mark 6:45-46)
*And they came to a place called Gethsemane; and He said to His disciples, "Sit here until I have prayed." And He took with Him Peter and James and John, and began to be very distressed and troubled. And He said to them, "My soul is deeply grieved to the point of death; remain here and keep watch." And He went a little beyond them, and fell to the ground, and began praying. ( Mark 14:32-34)
*And when day came, He departed to a lonely place; and the multitudes were searching for Him, and came to Him, and tried to keep Him from going away from them. ( Luke 4:42)
*But He Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray. ( Luke 5:16)
*And it was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God. ( Luke 6:12)

So I started to think about this..
 am I exhausted because I am not taken the time to have a close communion with God?
Or am I not resting as Jesus calls us to do?

IN my thoughts I started thinking about how "The shack" has become a "quite place" for me. I have often times retreated in there to read the bible or pray.. It has a different meaning to me other than a place to sell snacks... God has revealed over the course of the summer some things I never thought I struggled with and also revealed things to me that I am still struggling with.  The devotion book MY ROCK has been a tool to help provide godly wisdom as it has directed me to some wonderful scriptures.  Actually Psalm 111:10 states"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom"

James 3:17 "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy"

James 1:5 "If any lack wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to him"

I have loved my time in "the shack" it truly has brought peace and relaxation, however not the rest I need, the rest I am struggling and fighting for...
I believe the answer to my question comes with the rest I need. I have such a hard time with that.  I need to "be busy" to feel successful.   Satan uses busyness to distract us from what is important-our priorities.  It is our  passion it to teach others what is important in the order God expects it... I guess I figured we wouldn't be challenged by what I thought we have learned...  I am thankful that God gently reminds us when we start to "forget"

#1) GOD
#2) Your SPOUSE
#3) Your CHILDREN
#4) Your household
#5) (remaining time) extended family, personal time, evangelism, and discipleship, work etc..etc.

In THIS ORDER!!!  God has brought me a long way, obviously I still mess up but Phil 1:6 states "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus"


When we begin to feel stressed, tired or weary we need to look out our priorities and make sure that we have them in the right order............................




No comments:

Post a Comment