Monday, September 3, 2012

Digging Deep Part II


                                         Are you resting in the shadow of the Almighty??


 
 
God is our dwelling place; under his wings we find refuge.
God's faithfulness is our constant shield, as we face dangers and heartaches because of a lost and fallen world. We are not left alone.
 
 
Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpeh and Shen, and called the name of it Eben-ezer, saying, Hitherto hath the Lord helped us.”—1 Samuel 7:12.
 
 Would it not be even more interesting and profitable for us to remark the hand of God in our own lives? When we look back at our own history when God, in his fullness, goodness and of his truth,  has delivered us from the the season of waiting.. Do I remember to place "a stone" each time the Lord helps me or delivers me as a reminder of how God leds me??

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus"-Phil. 4:19

Sometimes he takes us out of situations, problems or needs; other times he take us through them regardless of the way he works in our lives, we can trust him as our ever-present guide for us today!

 
 
’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
 
 

(CONTINUED to Part III)

No comments:

Post a Comment