Monday, September 10, 2012

I am left pondering!!!



Wow! I have not had a day like this in awhile.  Already off the bat, after attempting to achieve the goals I have set forth, we had a LONG, Hard day!!! I just couldn't stay on track today.  Everything took longer, and already I'm thinking that our Friday Study Hall day WILL NOT WORK!

The problem with that is the kids took that for granite and did not get their work done, so today we were playing catch up.. We were still doing work when Lyv needed to leave for gymnastics.... I am beat!! So another thing that creeps to mind, as I am playing the "ponder game" is the fact I was going to try and keep ahead of schedule when it came to grading the papers! Yikes, again... Because I have not had a chance!

 I wanted Mike to take Lyv to gymnastics so I could get some house work done, papers graded,  lessons planned and dinner cooked!  We will cut  the details out but I ended up taking her! I was mad.. I had so much to do and after sitting all day, my back hurt the last thing I wanted to do is "go be friendly" But I went! As I drove, I questioned the reason I was mad? I thought to myself how ridiculous I was being.. after all I was going to get to see my daughter experience something new in her life and it should have been an honor to watch...

Once we got there, the task of picking her leo out and talking with the instructor had taken over and I was glad that I was a part of her new little experience.  Once I got home to my SURPRISE the house had been picked up and the laundry had been started!! I made dinner and we ate.  The evening quickly slipped away.   I am at my desk trying to accomplish a few things, the kids are now in bed  and I am left pondering once again.... Did the kids truly learn anything today as I overwhelmed them with an overload of assignments to complete?  A big sigh...There's always tomorrow!!! And now... I need to go apologize as I still have not done it!!


To Be One With Each Other

What greater thing is there for two human souls
than to feel that they are joined together to strengthen
each other in all labor, to minister to each other in all sorrow,
to share with each other in all gladness,
to be one with each other in the
silent unspoken memories?


George Eliot




These words are soo much easier to hear them than it is to say them...






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment