Wednesday, October 3, 2012

RESPECT!!

                                               (Ephesians 5:33)
"However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves   himself, and the wife must respect her husband"
                            


I take great satisfaction knowing my husband has my best interest at heart... Although, sometimes I can get easily annoyed when he tells me things I just don't want to hear....
He loves and admires the things that I do, and I need to make sure that I am making every effort to respect his feelings and the things that he desires and needs.


 Even though I have come a long way with prioritizing my life; there is great caution that needs to be warranted when it comes to the busyness of our lives. I thrive on it, desire it, and love it!!  My husband, on the other hand does not require it as much.  Often times, I think of him last when it comes to our schedule because he is so willing to go with the flow.  He is so accepting of the things I do, I believe I take it for granted sometimes.   We need to remember to put God first in our daily walks, in our marriage and in our relationships.  If our schedules are overly booked with appointments, meetings, sporting events, and other such activities that it hinders these priorities; it is time to reevaluate and decide whats important.  When we adjust "our schedules" it allows us to rely on God's strength instead of our own.  We are laying down the control of what the day will look like and allowing God to order our paths.  There is such joy and unity that comes when we spend time in the word:  gaining spiritual knowledge, & praying  together as a husband and wife. When we join together in Christ name, he is in the midst of us.  (Matthew 18:20)
There is power in numbers; hence the reason Satan will try harder to attack.  These attacks can take us off guard when we are not on the same page. When there is conflict in our relationship usually indicates the lack of the love and or respect.  When we are honoring our spouse we are honoring God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment