Friday, November 2, 2012

30 DAYS of THANKFULNESS!!!


As we begin our month of November it reminds me of Thanksgiving and the fact that the holidays are among us. It's hard to imagine, but the reality is that time flies by.. Sometimes too quick, I often forget to stop and ponder on the blessings and the things we should be thankful for.  On face book a lot of people are doing "30 days of thankfulness  So I thought I would jump on the bandwagon; however with the blogging.. I truly want to be more dedicated to my blog, therefore by completing a challenge once again will hopefully get a good habit underway... (hopefully!!)


So for day ONE and TWO........(ok THREE)
ONE.... I am thankful for a divine God who loves me unconditionally.  A God of mercy, grace and full of forgiveness. 

mer·cy (mûrs)
n. pl. mer·cies
1. Compassionate treatment, especially of those under one's power; clemency.
2. A disposition to be kind and forgiving: a heart full of mercy.
3. Something for which to be thankful; a blessing: It was a mercy that no one was hurt.
4. Alleviation of distress; relief:
grace (grs)
n.
a. A disposition to be generous or helpful; goodwill.
b. Mercy; clemency.
5. A favor rendered by one who need not do so; indulgence.
6. A temporary immunity or exemption; a reprieve.
a. Divine love and protection bestowed freely on people.
b. The state of being protected or sanctified by the favor of God.
c. An excellence or power granted by God.
forgiveness [fəˈgɪvnɪs]
n
1. the act of forgiving or the state of being forgiven
2. willingness to forgive

God gives these things in abundance.  I am not worthy to have these lavished upon me; and yet he gives them generously... WOW!!  Even now as I ponder on His goodness, my heart races... Just the other day I tried to rectify a situation but caused more damage then what needed to be caused.. My intentions were good but my motive wasn't.. I did NOT stop to ask God what he wanted for the situation.  I acted upon fear and anxiety.  I was fearful that I would start acting in a manner that was not godly and full of anxiety that my children were not acting appropriately   See the thing is; I started worrying more about how the kids were acting (or not acting come to find  out-when I went directly to the source) because it was a reflection of ME... SELF.... Selfishness... All of a sudden a wave of anxiety came over me...Negative thoughts flooded my soul...
How could I be a good parent when I didn't know certain things?
How could I let my kids act in a manner that wasn't being an example?
When I sat the kids down to talk about issues that were arising It was soon evident that they had their story but then so would everyone else.... To protect everyone involved to prevent future problems the rational thing to do was to make it known to everyone that there was a problem. Too many times I've seen where an issue is left unattended which creates bigger problems, which creates barriers between friendships.. I wanted to be proactive this time.. The problem was: it was not my call to be proactive. Which is where the motives came from... I based my decision on a past experience that left a broken friendship.  Out of the same fear and anxiety of loosing friendships that have been a great deal of a blessing to me I responded in a way that shouldn't have been necessary!!!  SO THANK GOD for these GIFTS!!!!!


Amazing Grace 
How sweet the sound 
Amazing Love 
Now flowing down 
From hands and feet 
That were nailed to the tree 
As Grace flows down and covers me 






No comments:

Post a Comment