This blog will be short and sweet and to the point.. some of you will like this!!
- Pray for strength and endurance for these long days
- Pray that the love of Christ will shine through us and all of the staff here at camp
- Pray that there will be no room for Satan has we do the will of God
- Pray that we will grow spiritually and we will fully trust in God
- Pray that we will be able to handle the responsibilities and priorities
- Pray for our family; during this time of long days we often get overwhelmed, tired & frustrated with each other
- Pray that we will be able to extend grace to those around us and that those around us will give us grace
This week we have transitioned into the long days as many of you know.
We are going through staff training this week as we prepare for our first week of Summer camp June 9th.
As I was reading my bible yesterday in our staff devotions (which I will share a lot of the summer) this verse came to mind, Joshua 1:9. I was feeling afraid for this summer. I was already feeling inadequate and wanting to give up! Every time we pour everything we have into something; Mike and I seem to suffer. We stop communicating and often times when we do communicate it comes across the wrong way. I feel attacked, unloved and unappreciated. I start to feel as if it isn't worth going through because at what point do i continue to suffer and sacrifice?????
God gave up everything for us.. At one point, while still in the garden he even asked God to take this cup from him. But it wasn't the plan of God. When we go through rough times especially when we feel as if we are at the end of our rope; we must remember to feel blessed and thankful that when Jesus himself was at the end of his rope, he didn't give up!
Instead he leaves us with a promise!