Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sticks and Stones.....

 

 LIE



                                                                         TRUTH

Proverbs 18:21 

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

Ephesians 4:29 

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

Matthew 15:18 

But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

Proverbs 12:18 

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Matthew 12:36 

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,

Proverbs 16:24 

Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Proverbs 13:3 

Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Matthew 12:37

For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Proverbs 15:1 

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 21:23

Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.


SO the saying goes "sticks and stones may break my bones; but words will never hurt me"  But how many times have WORDS not only hurt you but they have literally tore you down?  Words may not MEAN to hurt someone but it also has to do with the TIMING of the words as well. 

For those of you who suffer with any kind of physical pain you will agree with me that it tears you down emotionally, physically and mentally!!!  I am exhausted from the pain I have endured however I know that it is in God's timing that my FULL healing will come! I am reminded however of his many blessings and how I would much rather be limited as to what I can do than to be stuck in BED.... 

I want to bring God glory in all of this but some how FAIL to do this with in the closest family members.  I am not sure if it is another attack from the enemy that has me believing that or if it is really true.   The other day I was extremely broken. I have felt weak in all areas and did not feel as if i had any more room to have a "life lesson" thrown my way.  Apparently the opposite was true and I felt as if I had been beaten down even further.  WORDS were used and it left me feeling hurt, broken, alone and unloved! FRANKLY, I haven't felt this way in quite some time! I cried, and cried! I cried about the situation, I cried because of the pain ,and I cried because somehow I wasn't trying HARD enough to work through the situation that God has put before me!!! I don't want sympathy and I do not want focus to be brought on me.  (I one point in my life I LOVED and CRAVED for that kind of attention) but that is NOT ME any MORE!! I am still trying to figure out the lesson that has been laid before me... The frustrating part in all of this is that I want to grow and learn but I'm not exactly sure WHAT IT IS I'M SUPPOSED TO LEARN???!!!! I try not to let words affect me.. But truth be told that destroy ME!! Interesting enough I found MANY scriptures in the bible about the affect of words...  It is not only what you say but when you say it.  Sometimes the best thing is to not say anything at all... Maybe this is the lesson I am to learn? Do I use my words wisely or do I use them to hurt those around me that I love.  This also includes judging others.  We all have our struggles and battles that we are fighting. I do know that we need to extend a lot of grace. It is easier said than done.  If I were to use what I am saying than by rights I need to extend the same grace!! 
 







1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when trouble comes our way, it is not that God needs to teach us something but that God is using us to teach someone else. Keep trusting your Savior and leaning on Him. I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete