Sunday, August 25, 2013

Set your mind on the things above.....



      When you go through a hard season in life it seems like there is no end to it... In order to get through it, life passes you by all the while you go through the motions of doing your daily routine; certain times, activities or people might come along to help ease the situation but definitely does not fix it. Feeling lonely during such times magnifies the problem tremendously. It is so easy to turn the situation to focus the attention on one self.  However, during these times is when it is important to turn our focus on Christ. Easier said than done!! How do I turn my focus on Christ when I am so angry or hurt??   Most of you know I turn to music when I need inspiration.. The words are always just how I feel and what I need to get me through the time!!!  I can't say it any better then "Matthew West and Tenth Avenue North"

Matthew West-Strong Enough

 You must think I'm strong
To give me what I'm going through

Well, forgive me
Forgive me if I'm wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own
I know I'm not strong enough to be
everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
For the both of us
Well, maybe
Maybe that's the point
To reach the point of giving up
Cause when I'm finally
Finally at rock bottom
Well, that's when I start looking up
And reaching out
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
Strong enough
Cause I'm broken
Down to nothing
But I'm still holding on to the one thing
You are God
and you are strong
When I am weak
I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
 I can do all things
Through Christ who gives me strength
And I don't have to be
Strong enough
 Oh, yeah
I know I'm not strong enough to be
Everything that I'm supposed to be
I give up
I'm not stong enough
Hands of mercy won't you cover me
Lord right now I'm asking you to be
Strong enough
 
 
Tenth Avenue North-Losing

I can't believe what she said
I can't believe what he did
Oh, don't they know it's wrong
Don't they know it's wrong
Well maybe there's something I missed
But how could they treat me like this
It's wearing out my heart
The way they disregard

This is love or this is hate.
We all have a choice to make

Oh, Father won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'

Well it's only the dead that can live
But still I wrestle with this
To lose the pain that's mine
Seventy times seven times
Cause Lord it doesn't feel right
For me to turn a blind eye
Though I guess it's not that much
When I think of what You've done.

This is love or this is hate.
We gotta a choice to make

Oh Father won't You forgive them
They don't know what they've been doin' (oh no)
Oh Father, give me grace to forgive them
Cause I feel like the one losin'

 Well truth be told it doesn't matter if they're sorry or not
Cause freedom comes when we surrender to the sound
Of Your mercy and Your grace, Father, send Your angels down




So to answer my earlier question on how to turn our focus on Christ when we are angry or hurt??

1) One step at a time... "counteract our anger by obeying Ephesians 4:32"

 "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you"

2) Meditating on Gods word, asking for his guidance and submitting to him in our daily living...

We may not be able to change how we feel during certain times but we can change how we think!!

Philippians 2:5-8
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: 
Who, being in very nature[a] God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death
        even death on a cross!


Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment