Saturday, August 3, 2013

TWO years ALREADY!!!!!



It's hard to believe that two years ago we packed up our family and moved 900 miles away!!!  There were so many unknowns, but we stepped out in faith.  We didn't know the area we were moving too, we didn't know the people we would be surrounded by nor did we know exactly what we would be doing; but knew we were excited and willing to do what we needed. 

I have to say our second year has been by FAR the hardest year!  We have had to endure many challenges, trials and tribulations. 
To be honest, I am trying to over come some because they have brought great pain. While in our staff meeting the other day, Jon used the scripture  Luke 22:31-32: "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." 

I never caught this before but TWO THINGS: One. Satan asked permission to tempt Peter.  TWO. Jesus specifically tells Peter that he has PRAYED for HIM!  As I sat there and listened I started to think how wonderful it is to know the protection we have when we are in JESUS and that he SPECIFICALLY PRAYS for us... I have a great sense of security knowing that boundaries and rules are set forth that Satan must abide by... Even though we know the character of Satan; WE are covered with a hedge of protection. God has a higher purpose in mind for us and that is to strengthened us; even if that means He gives permission for us to be tested!!!! 

I have to say....God really has perfect timing and orchestrates our lives beautifully..  Looking back over my "facebook timeline" It seems as if every time I had something going on in my life; God placed the perfect person in my life, or the perfect activity.....  
I know the battles we face are to help us persevere and endure, but it is hard to remember when you are  in the middle of the season of life!  It seems never ending at times. Again, just when you feel like you are going to drown there seems to be some life support, which I am truly thankful for. 
 
The TRUTH IS God controls everything, including Satan, and that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).









No comments:

Post a Comment