Saturday, February 22, 2014

There is NO GREATER... than GOD!!




 
This week has been a huge struggle for me; I am overwhelmed, depleted and exhausted as I have been dealing with a great deal of health issues. Not only am I dealing with pain in my back it has now slipped into my tailbone.. Oh! the excruciating pain, and the feeling of not being able to get off a chair once sitting.... But my upper back is over compensating for the lower back.  My shoulder blades, shoulders and NECK creates a great deal of agony. (NOT to mention our bed is 12 years old, so I think we NEED a NEW one...)  And now... the tension and pain is in my Jaw.... AND... my blood pressure has now become an issue.  
Several years ago I had TMJ to which my jaw locked for FOUR days... I am experiencing the same pain, swelling and tightness.  I keep trying to prevent my jaw from shutting down, or tightening. The other night I was in so much pain I couldn't sleep..
When experiencing such pain it is simple for me to fall into the self-pity trap! But in the midst of all this turmoil and trouble I refuse to be defeated!
Psalms 103: 1-5
"Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits"
*Forgives all my sins
*Heals all my diseases
*Redeems my life from the pit
*crowns me with love and compassion
*satisfies my desires with good things
*renews my youth like the eagle's
Redeems my life from the pit.. is the one I am trying to focus on... "The PIT of self-pity...  As this is an ongoing battle I am trying to remember who God is, Thank HIM for what he has already done, and what he IS GOING to do!!
This was the devotion in "A Confident Heart" Devotional by Renee Swope today!! 
My circumstances may or may not change, but my perspective can... I need to redirect my thoughts and focus on Gods' faithfulness to walk by my side and navigate my heart through the THIS VALLEY of my LIFE!!!
And in the devotion of "JESUS IS CALLING"
"Be on Guard against the pit of self-pity.  When you are weary or unwell, this demonic trap is the greatest danger you face. There are several ways to protect yourself from self-pity.  When you are occupied with praising and thanking ME (JESUS) it is impossible to feel sorry for yourself. Also, the closer you live to ME(JESUS) the more distance there is between you and the pit. Live in the Light of MY PRESENCE by fixing your eyes on ME.  Then you will be able to run with endurance the race that is set before you, without stumbling, or falling!!!! "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Desperation Band "STRONG GOD"
 
Father to the fatherless
Defender of the weak
Freedom for the prisoner
We sing

This is God in His holy place
This is God clothed in love and strength

Sing out, lift your voice and cry out
Awesome is our strong God, mighty is our God

With us in the wilderness
Faithful to provide
Every breath and every step
We see

This is God in His holy place
This is God clothed in love and strength

Sing out, lift your voice and cry out
Awesome is our strong God, mighty is our God

Sing out, raise your hands and shout out
Awesome is our strong God, mighty is our God

There is no higher, no
There is no greater, no
There is none stronger than our God

Sing out, lift your voice and cry out
Awesome is our strong God, mighty is our God

Sing out, raise your hands and shout out
Awesome is our strong God, mighty is our God

Mighty is our God
Mighty is our God
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment