Friday, April 25, 2014

Our Stories

I was listening to the (in) RL encourage webcast this morning, and one of the statements that was shared by one of the speakers was this:

"When we do not share "OUR STORIES" we rob others of seeing God's glory in our own lives"

I pondered on that.... Often times than not, we are comfortable with sharing positive and good things... We are comfortable with sharing how well we are doing or how well our children are doing... But what about the painful stuff, the negative stuff, the embarrassing stuff... The stuff that makes us not want to repeat it in our own minds much less telling someone else about it. 
I, also, will be bold enough to say I think that we have lost the importance of visiting with one other failing to see the enrichment of relationships, especially ones that share the faith.  I walk on fine line here because of the priorities we establish in our own daily lives.  But if we stop to think about it, we create our own schedules.

 In the devotion "Jesus is Calling" a passage reads, as if Jesus, himself is talking:

"I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not  be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens"

I fall many times to this stimuli of distraction; with the busyness of this world and the things in it.  I have an awareness of God and his presence but not as much as I would like. God is faithful to lavish his peace, mercies and grace daily.  Our openness and obedience is what HE desires. I desire for a relationship with not only Him but for Him to use my story and others to share on the journey of life, regardless of the times. He never leaves us alone... Part of His plan is to align us with friendships that walk along us to share in his design for our lives. I don't want to be responsible for missing the opportunity of sharing His Glory Thus, preventing God to be revealed in the process of telling each other our stories.

There is so much joy, and healing when we are able to listen to each other; to have an understanding of where we are coming from. There may be fear in sharing your story but never has God not met a need!!! 

Angela Smith quotes  "Your new pretty is showing who you really are
We all have scars, we all have been broken and we all have pain... But our pain does have a purpose."



No comments:

Post a Comment