Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The juggling act!!





As the year is winding down I feel as if I am in the middle of a juggling act; I'm sure many can relate. We are trying to finish up our schooling, plan Family Camp @ Rivercrest, organize a graduation party, & prepare to host out of town family amongst the daily activities all before the heart of summer begins.  
Because we are having family visit due to Kirk's graduation we are trying to finish school a week early. With this also comes studying for final exams. With two kids who struggle, this is a challenging task. I want to make sure they are actually learning the material but all the while wanting to finish ALL of our curriculum.  My mind is mentally exhausted; I have Algebraic equations, wars, compositions, research papers, verses, biology & science all running through my head.  Let me tell you, there is a party going on up there!! (LOL) Not too mention, I am trying to stay on top of grading, & recording papers so that I can finish Kirks' transcripts in a timely manner.                                          
 
 
Family Camp is right around the corner. We are so excited for our 2nd annual Family Camp. We have a great speaker lined up; wonderful, godly models to present our couples workshops; and great leaders for the teens & kids! We have crammed a fun filled schedule into a weekend, and it is our passion and desire to see families connect and make memories.   We are still praying for at least three families to sign up!! If you would like to sign up for Family camp or want more information please visit www.camprivercrest.org
 
I am so glad I began preparations for Kirk's graduation party earlier in the year. I feel I am on top of this for the most part. There are some things that just have to wait until the last minute.. shopping for food, making food, set-up etc. etc. The good news is I have all the decorations made, and boxed up ready to go! Because of friends who have helped me along the way & Senior Sunday I feel I am prepared in this department. Of course, I could always do more  but... Kirk is a simple person and I need to keep reminding myself of this!! The last major thing I need to do with the graduation is prepare my speech and finish is transcripts!!





      As I begin to balance all of these extra things going on in my life right now, I am reminded of my word once again for the year, which was BALANCE... God is truly pruning all areas of life. One of the biggest things I am trying to remember in balancing my life right now is..... prioritizing!!
In the (in)Courage article "Finding Balance" by Melissa Michaels she writes   "Looking at John 15:1-2 I find even more inspiration from what life should look like:  ”I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.”  He wants us to be more fruitful! God doesn’t want to waste time on things that aren’t bearing fruit nor does He want us to exhaust ourselves or lose sight of our priorities by not remaining in Him. It’s a spiritually balanced life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment