Friday, August 15, 2014

In my quite little corner.....

Well the long hours at camp has subsided, as camp has moved quickly into retreat season! I love this time of year because we are able to do many things with our time!! So I thought I would share with you what is happening in our quite (okay maybe LOUD) little corner!!!

*The kids decided to get involved with sports again. 
We are doing this cautiously, we do not want it to become a wedge between the many other things that we need to do.  I do know that we are called to be a light in this dark world; we are stronger now and feel we are ready to tackle this on! With that said in order to participate in public school, while in high school you have to follow state guide lines.  Therefore to meet the requirements Owen is taking Chemistry, Spanish, Small Engine & Welding & Strength & Conditioning.   I am both nervous and excited all at the same time for this.  I believe as long as we can maintain a positive attitude, regardless of his learning disability we will be able to succeed in this!!  The other thing that is new is that he was only going to play basketball.  However, he wants this year to fly by and wants to keep as busy as possible and has decided that he will play football as well!!! I am NOT a football mom, I love watching football but do not like my kids playing; on the other hand Mike loves it and is excited about our new adventure!!
Lyv wanted to play volleyball again this year, so she will be doing the specials at Cedar; which are PE, Art, tech and FCS (family, consumer science)
So what the schedule looks like is this:
Kids go to Cedar from 8:00-9:30
Come home will do their core classes Home schooling
Kids go back to Cedar from 2:00-3:30

This schedule will be pretty intense.  We will need to stay on top of things, which means I have to be organized!! I have been praying for discipline for awhile now!! However, the schedule is not impossible; the kids are looking forward to ME not giving them as MUCH WORK!!

*Mike and I will be taking a marriage class
I am working on getting this set up, we have already bought the curriculum and will be excited to see where this leads!!

*Mike and I will be announcing our next home study soon. 
We are currently still praying on which one to land on... More info on this later!

*It didn't take me long to start planning some much needed events!
On the calendar is a Mother/Daughter Bunco night, A coffee Social hour for Ladies, & a BBQ/Corn Hole tourney!!  We are looking forward to all of these.....

*Our family will be taking a vacation August 29th-Sept 7th
We feel it is very important to refresh, relax and renew our priorities for our family. Although, at this point it doesn't look like we will be going anywhere (Unless God has OTHER PLANS!!) nonetheless, will be very nice to have the time off! Mike & I's 18th anniversary is Sept 7th, and hoping that we will be able to do something to celebrate!!

*Mike and I will be hosting a home school day event @ Camp this upcoming Saturday for an Omaha group. 
This connection has allowed us to set in motion a Winter Family Camp this upcoming January 30th/31st... Open to all families!! (Save the date..) We are very excited about the opportunity to put another family event on the camp's calendar!! If you are interested in doing an overnighter @ camp please let us know.. We are working on a flyer and more info!!! WE are praying for the families already!!


(**We were able to work out an AMAZING, AWESOME deal**)

No comments:

Post a Comment