Thursday, August 28, 2014

Redirecting.....













 Have you ever been so focused on one thing, or area of your life something else comes out of no where and springs forth and becomes your focus????


Well this has happen to me, in fact not necessarily new, but the re-direction & timing is new....  Let me explain.....




A year ago I had wanted to start an online ladies bible study through face book due to the fact schedules always seem to conflict.  The idea was there but not the follow through..  IT became a back burner kind of idea not knowing if the interest would be there.  The last couple of weeks I have truly been seeking God; the area that I feel he is working on me the most is the "BUSYNESS" of life!! I felt he had pruned me well enough when we moved out here, however sometimes things start growing back.  It is so easy for me to forget, as I struggle with this.. (I could probably count many times my blog was about this) But the neat thing is that sometimes we learn something new each time we walk through the areas that are harder to be pruned.  In fact, wandering why I felt that I was struggling with joy & peace it was laid on my heart that once again I was trying to do many things good instead of doing a few things well!!! I feel He is/was preparing me as the Fall/Winter Season becomes a time for me to serve and build relationships!! There is nothing wrong with doing just like Martha/Mary, but I must remember that before the doing must come the resting!! I want to be working with God and not against Him as I believe He has MIGHTY things to do in our lives and in our MARRIAGES!! So here are a few things that God is redirecting my focus back too:

I have several instances:
1)  This blog was given to me to use as a tool to minister to others through my daily struggles, weaknesses, strengths and simply to share our journey of walking in ministry.  Although, I find great joy to write when God lays something on my heart to write about, I often neglect it for various of reasons.
2) God has put it on my heart to speak to others such as in speaking engagements.. It has always been a secret passion of mine. However, due to the fear of my stuttering, lack of focus and simply lack of getting my point across I have been afraid to seek this path out!! Lately, I have been laying in bed and "messages" have started coming to mind... Almost as if "preparation" is going on!!
3) Online support for ladies to strengthen their marriages!!  Because we serve a God of restoration, both Mike and I have a desire to be used as examples to show others the power of Marriage... I often times give encouraging words to others and then use my same words as good advice.  Mike and I say that we ourselves choose bible studies and such because that is the very area of our lives we are struggling in and need the help!! Doing it together just gives us accountability!!  
If you would like to be a part of the face book group I have created, called "31 & Beyond" to be encouraging and compete in the challenges of putting our spouse first, then let me know so that I may add you.. If you are already added please take the time to look at it and tell me what you think?


***********************************************************
With this said I feel as if my direction is being redirected right now back to the things he has originally called me to start and share.  In addition, we hope to kick off our marriage classes, and then be able to start a home study again soon!!!
************************************************************









No comments:

Post a Comment