Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ARE WE Ready???


I went to an amazing conference this past weekend and several things made an impact in my life.  God has been stirring in our hearts for quite some time that the next step to our journey is coming closer and closer.  I believe before steps need to be made God works in our lives to prepare us and to equip us. 
To share the experience of the entire conference would take too long; however I would like to share in a few "snap shots" of what God revealed to me this weekend!

1) We went and visited the Dream Center. It is a ministry started by Dave & Joyce Meyer.  This is a description of the dream center straight from their website.
"They saw firsthand the restorative influence the Dream Center had on the crime-riddled, impoverished community surrounding it.
Dave and Joyce were moved by God to bring the outreach efforts of the Los Angeles Dream Center to the hurting people in their own city of St. Louis. With the help of David and Shelly Meyer and a handful of committed volunteers, they planted the St. Louis Dream Center right in the heart of North St. Louis, an inner-city area that was known for high crime, drugs, and gang activity. Thousands of men, women, and children in the St. Louis Metropolitan area would be dreamless and living nightmarish lives of poverty, drug addiction, and hopelessness. Men are being healed of addictions. Children are being fed nutritious meals and receiving character training and discipleship. People are being trained for ministry. The homeless are receiving food and clothing. The elderly are receiving attention and love."

A group of the men who have been transformed by the POWER and GRACE of God's LOVE formed a choir; they surprised the 14,000 women who attended this conference ministering to us in SONG... They sang the song "Redeemed" by Big Daddy Weave:

 Seems like all I can see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then you look at this prisoner and say to me
"son stop fighting a fight that's already been won"

  I am redeemed , you set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain
Cause I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed.....I'm redeemed

  All my life I have been called unworthy
Named by the voice of my shame and regret
But when I hear you whisper "child lift up your head"
I remember oh God you're not done with me yet

 Because I don't have to be the old man inside of me
'cause his day is long dead and gone because
I've got a new name , a new life I'm not the same
and a hope that will carry me home

There wasn't a dry eye in the arena.. To see the JOY on their faces and to see the new lives they were living.. THEY WERE NOT THE SAME!! It ignited in me a refreshed passion and reminded me of the Restoration and Saving Grace God gave us.   The question came up: What am I doing to seek and save the lost???  I believe God will call us out of our comfort zones so that we are not complacent or stagnant in our current positions or seasons of life.. We are to fully depend upon him and his strength!!!
 
 2)  One of the speakers Ed Young, spoke on being under the authority of God by demonstrating, with an umbrella, what it also looks like to be under the authority of our husbands.
Romans 5:18 "Just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men..
Are we reigning over our circumstances or are they reigning over us?  
Are we bearing the fruits that we need to weather the storms? 
 The devil has power but we have power & authority in the name of Jesus Christ.
 Luke 10: 19 "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 
When we walk under the umbrella we are also coming under the authority of God.  It's a place of protection, perfection and purpose.  We can give up the sin of "self-protection" the fear of being hurt. We can give up the rebellion towards authority.  We do not have to be afraid that we will be taken advantage of.  The things we go through makes us stronger; what Satan attends for harm God attends it for good!!!  

3) Lisa Bevere spoke on battles..  Do we want to be a prisoner of war or do we want to be a hero? The enemy of our souls often know who we are going to be in the future rather then who we have been in the past. 
Christianity is a battle it is not a dream.
Luke 22:36 "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag, and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one"
We need to be on guard as we underestimate the power of what our opponent sees when they look at us.
James 1:22-25 "Do not merely listen to the word and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what is says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like"
Matthew 16:24 "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me"
Jesus isn't looking for your sacrifice he WAS YOUR sacrifice... He looks at your OBEDIENCE
James 1:2-8 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.  But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do"
God uses our present trials to overcome.  God doesn't say IF you pass through the waters he says "WHEN  you pass through the waters I WILL BE THERE
Lastly, she talked about how we need to be praying prayers that scare us!! If we are not praying prayers that scare us IT WONT SCARE THE ENEMY...Ask boldly and believingly with out second thought!!!

   

  I believe God used these "SNAP SHOTS" to start preparing in my heart what is to come. Trust requires a lot of unanswered questions, but I will trust God that he has a plan for our lives.  Joyce Meyer said during the conference "God will always give us what we need when he asks us to do what he wants us to do"  Because everyday I am changing into more of his image, I asked God to change me and my children to believe regardless of whether I see immediate changes that are working with in us.
 I boldly and believingly prayed a PRAYER THAT SCARED ME.. 
 (without a second thought)
Little did I know God was also working in Mike's heart.  When I got back from the conference he began to share his heart. I was so taken back that I actually was loss for words.  GOD orchestrates things so beautifully and when it IS HIS TIMING he makes things MOVE!!!  Mike has a CLEAR VISION of what's to come.  IT isn't anything WE thought would be on our radar but If GOD CALLS US TO IT HE WILL CALL US THROUGH IT!!! 

*****Friends & Family We Covent your prayers right now for:
                 directions open doors, provision & support!!!! 
We also ask out of respect for our family that questions be limited as we are searching for clear answers ourselves.  Like I said before Trust requires a lot of unanswered questions.. We stand on the promises of God that Whatever he ASKS us to do, WE will have the willingness and obedience to FOLLOW HIM!!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you guys. Love you all. Shawna when I read this my own faith was stirred up to trust God even more in all things and to be a more willing servant to follow him wherever he leads.

    ReplyDelete