Monday, December 1, 2014

Can you do without?

Have you asked yourself what you could do with out, if you had too?

A phone definitely didn't seem like it should be on the top of the list however due to us living in such a fast pace, high social media society you can't go long without thinking of calendars, twitter, instagram, facebook, & texting...

But when you remove an object or thing from your day or even week you realize just how connected you have become.. this happened to me this past week while home visiting for the holidays.. I broke my phone the first day into our vacation. At first I thought about all the tweets I couldn't do....the pictures I couldn't post... and the updates I couldn't make.. but I realized quickly that those things wasn't what I was visiting. I was visiting with friends & family for the holidays.. it was neat that I had my phoned forced from my hand sort of speak.. so that I could realize that ALL too many times I am not giving the UNDIVIDED attention to those around me that deserve the attention. I decided that I wasn't going to allow a broken phone to define my visit. In fact it ended up being a blessing to realize that I needed to hang the phone up for a bit and focus on what really matters!!!!

When my face was out of the phone my eyes were open to the epidemic we are modeling for our children! I honestly did not go anywhere without seeing this engagement.  I started to think of the memories I am leaving behind for those around me. I want to be an example.. a light for Christ. If I am spending so much of my time distracted will I miss an opportunity to share & be the light that God is calling me to be?? It definitely has me thinking.. and If I could choose to leave an imprint in society I would want others to see the passion I have for Christ instead of the passion I have for an object!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment