Friday, December 5, 2014

Why do kids have to grow up??

It feels like it was just yesterday that the children loved doing all the holiday activities such as: Decorating cookies, setting up & decorating the Christmas tree, hanging lights, caroling, Christmas programs, doing charity events, visiting Santa, organizing family holiday pictures,  drinking hot cocoa etc. etc.

And now.. it is a hassle for them to do anything.. I desperately want to hold onto those fun memories of us doing the things together... Is it too much to ask?

I truly know what the true meaning of Christmas is and we do celebrate that; however the season just is not as fun since the kids are not little anymore!

I would have so many people tell me  "cherish your children while they are little" I did most the time but I don't think we truly comprehend that concept until we are out of that season and then long for it again! Embracing the season you are in now can often times be difficult. The excitement isnt there for the holidays. I actually would get mad when people would say that to me because I wanted to cherish all stages of my children regardless of their age. Although I love the stage that my kids are in now; which brings freedom, responsbilities, trust & friendships, I do understand now what others was so kindly trying to share with me. I think sometimes we just get so caught up in survival mode when the children are little we often forfeit the living abundantly during that stage of life which then ultimately causes us to wish the time away! At least that's what I experienced some times... I just couldn't wait for them to be older so I didn't feel so tied down. Now, as I sit here on this sad evening because our evening of making holiday memories has been a bust; I go down memory lane remembering the excitement that filled the air.. I am left with a question.... how do I cherish this stage of life when all I want is the fun memories??

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful that one day I'll have some grandbabies and I can have a whole new batch of littles to cherish!!!

    ReplyDelete