Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I'LL GO THROUGH THE VALLEY....

The pathway is broken and the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reasons why you brought me here.
But just because you love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley if you want me to.

Cause I'm not who I was when I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You’re not through with me yet.
So if all of these trials that bring me closer to You
Then I will go through the fire if you want me to.

And it may not be the way I would've chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone.

So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that your love put you through
And I will go through the valley if you want me to.

Ginny Owens~
***********************************************

This song has played over and over this afternoon for me as I feel my health has been a deep valley lately!  It comes all on the brink of me preparing for us to walk across our Jordan. Boy, sometimes it just piles on!

But during these troubling times, God does whisper gently if we are just still to hear.  It may come in the form of  a phone call of encouragement, a friend texting scriptures, friends who are willing to pray when the prayer call has gone out, a child who unexpectedly cleans the house (which acts of service is one of my love languages) or another child who brings home dinner, or simply an envelope! Yes, an envelope.... Let me explain this one.

So, yesterday Mike and I had several errands to run during his day off.  It was the first day I had started feeling better after a week long battle with this cold.. ON a side NOTE, I am so THANKFUL for the FRIENDS who began to pray for me as I emotionally was depleted on Monday night!!  The day started out well as I woke up with the relief from the pain from a terrible two day sinus headache... We needed to take the suburban to the shop; the power steering pump needed fixed and we were hoping if we got it the shop early enough they could squeeze it in.   Needless to say they said it would be an hour or two before they could get to it, so Mike and I made the best of the time.  After, and hour and half of trying to get ahold of our son, We went and got our sons truck from work and drove home for lunch.  In the meanwhile, we had been in contact with the shop and gave permission to fix the suburban but it would take a couple of hours. We continued to do the list of things we set out to accomplish for the day, with many hiccups along the way. One of the hiccups: As we were heading back into town, Kirks truck ran out of gas. (he has something wrong with his fuel indicator, so even though he has gas, it will read as if there isn't and shut down, its' a big guessing game) Mike started walking back to camp, as I began to call people.  I sat in the truck freezing for 35 minutes before Mike returned with a gas tank. SO, we were on our way again after the minor hiccup. We get to the bank so that we could have papers notarized, and I realize I do not have an envelope, which means after this visit, we would need to make yet another stop and buy a box of envelopes for one envelope..  As we were sitting there at the bank and our papers were done, we were asked if there was anything else that could be done to help us... to which I replied, "Actually I have a strange request, is there any way you have an envelope for these papers so that we can mail them?" She happily went and checked and came back smiling, as that was the only envelope they had! I KNOW, I KNOW it sounds crazy ridiculous that this small thing would make me happy, but given the fact that I was still weak from being sick, and the day that we had... I was to the point where I needed something small, and this was it! I thanked God quietly in my heart for eliminating another stop, to which the pile of other small blessings began to happened!
Needless to say we didn't get home until 6:00p.m. yesterday, after only being home for lunch.  I was exhausted! 

By the end of the day, the many small blessings that continued to come during the adversities of yesterday amounted into something big, and overall the day ended up being a day that we can look back at and add to the many adventurous days that both Mike and I share together.  ITs the smallest things in life that creates the biggest memories sometimes... However, if we are not in tune with the smallest things, they are the ones that can be completely forgotten about, or shown the least thankfulness.  God is looking for servants who are willing to have a thankful heart.

Colossians 1:10-12
"10 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, 12 and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you[a] to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light






Yesterday was a perfect example that even though God wants us to walk through the valleys for a time in our life's he promised that:
WE WOULD NOT GO THROUGH IT ALONE!!

****I'll remember the suffering that your love put you through And I will go through the valley if you want me to.



No comments:

Post a Comment