Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Things to focus on 2015

      Instead of establishing resolutions or goals for the 2015 year, which seems to always get broken; I have decided to make a list of things that I will FOCUS ON!!

1) Some already know the word I chose for this year, which was communication.
So I will work hard on focusing on this on different levels, and asking God to show me how and what this will look like~

2) Read 12 books~
{I know that seems like a little goal for some, however I do not read much so I am trying!! }
The first one I am starting with is:            "be angry but don't blow it"
by Lisa Bevere

3) I want to focus on my blog~
{I know, I know I have used this one before.. again I am trying}

4) I want to focus on the the transition & change that we feel is coming~

5) I want to focus on Decluttering~

6) I want to focus on finishing the second semester of home schooling strong & organized~

7) I want to focus on my husband~
Working on date nights, devotions and just growing stronger as a couple.
We will work on starting a small group doing a study by Lisa & John Bevere

8) I want to focus on yielding to the Lord and His desires for me.. I want to focus on allowing Him to prune me so that I can bear much fruit~

John 15: 1-4 " I am The True Vine and my father is a gardener, he cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit while every branch that does not bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I've spoken to you. Remain in me and I will remain in you . No branch and bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine, Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me"

9) I want to memorize 24 verses & the book of James~

Beth Moore did a study on James. . I went through it but never thought I could memorize verses, let alone a whole chapter or even book.. Well I am challenging myself and pray that God will help me hide these words in my heart!!
Also, Beth Moore is challenging women to memorize a verse every two weeks for a year... my first verse I chose is

2 Timothy 3:16-17 " All Scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

10) Lastly, I want to focus on being a mom that each of the kids need me to be~
I want to use my words to bless and encourage my children. I want to inspire them and lead by example. I want to focus on praying for my children that they  have a fresh & renewed hunger and thirst for the Lord. I want to work on being more positive,  and focus on the joy of the many trials we face...
James 1: 2-4 " Consider it pure joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance, perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete not lacking anything
*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment