Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Snow Day

     It was 5:30 when our phone's rang this morning, letting us know that Cedar school had been canceled due to the snow & weather conditions. Because we home school the kids never get a "snow day"  I always look at it as an opportunity to get ahead...

But this morning I had decided I would surprise the kids and let them have a snow day!! The morning started off great: My son brought me coffee in bed while my daughter and I cuddled lingering the morning away!!  I made a list of all the relaxing things I wanted to accomplish
(I mean, afterall, even on lazy days we must accomplish something... right?)
I decided to get up and get another cup of coffee, when my back had other plans for me on this day.... I couldn't move my leg, which is a huge indicator of the pain that I would be enduring.  I continued to make my bed and the jagged feeling continued..
As I moved, the pain worsen. The embarrassing feeling when after using the restroom and your 14 year old daughter has to come in and help you walk matched with the excruciating pain was all I could bear!!  I made it back to my room, shut the door and began to weep.. I wept because of the discouragement the rushed over me knowing another day would be robbed from me.. I wept because of the pain, and I wept because I wandered when the healing would ever come.....

It's in these vulnerable moments that I still remember that God has a plan for me. It's in these moments that I remember that in my weakness he is strong..  I remember in these moments I can count on prayer partners that up hold me, pray for me & encourage me..

The pain is real! I can use it to allow Satan to steal  my joy, steal the day from me by wallowing in the pit of despair. .. or I can enjoy the day in its fullest by doing exactly what I set out to do and that is to relax!!  The pain makes it hard to completely relax but I am reassured and stand on His truth and promise for my life.....

Psalm 126
"Those who sow in tears shall reap with song of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy carrying sheaves with him"

I had a weak moment this morning, but God heard the depths of my cries and shown grace upon me.. How you ask, when there is no relief from the pain?

~through the responses & prayers of dear, kind, faithful  friends
~through a compassionate husband who prayed for me, and helped me do my back stretching
~through an understanding daughter, that even though the day wasn't exactly how we planned we still played games while I lay in bed
~through giving me a real........"Snow Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment