Sunday, February 1, 2015

The Chains of my past....

I was recently blessed with a book called "be angry but don't blow it "
by Lisa Bevere...

"The book is a guide to move you from destructive to constructive anger and recapture the healthy passion God wants you to have" L.B

Many know one of the areas I struggle  with is anger and rage.  I never realized how deeply rooted bitterness or unresolved issues played an effect with this.

James 1:19 says "Everyone must be quick to listen slow to speak and slow to become angry. Man's anger does not achieve Gods righteous purpose"

"God does not use the vehicle of our rage to serve His purposes.  The truth is, we have tried to use our rage to serve our own purposes. We mistakenly thought it would protect, provide,guide,  and empower us. Instead it has turnd  us and attacked, robbed, mislead and isolated us. L.B

If you foolishly embrace rage as a garment of strength or hide yourself in the shrouded past of unresolved issues, it will inevitably and eventually drain the very life from you. YOU will destroy the relationships around you, then turn inward and eventually self destruct. L.b.

He forgives our sin and removes the very stain of guilt so we have no need to revisit our past failures. We will always do best when we turn our eyes from our past failures and mistakes and lift our gaze to Him L.B.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past Isaiah 43:18"

I for one no longer want to continually revisit issues I have been forgiven from. I give Satan plenty of material to use against me, so why should I give him anymore? We are sinners saved by grace.. I can not offer perfection but I can offer brokenness.  God lavishes mercy, grace and forgiveness freely. In fact it is the goodness & kindness that leads us to repentence.

Lisa Bevere states "After we have repented there comes the rebuilding...

John 8:11.. . "Go now and leave your life of sin"

John 8:32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free"

I want to leave this area of my life that is filled with guilt and self-loathing and arise and go to sin no more...

I realized by reading this book that I made too many excuses for my actions.. I blamed others, situations or my past for my anger.  I needed to take responsibility.. "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time" 1 Peter 5:6

Lisa Bevere says "Confession means to own up to something to humbly say it is your fault and resist the ever-present temptation to lay blame on the back of another. Humility deals with the part of the puzzle without worrying about anyone else's reaction. It is an abandonment of yourself to God. You are saying "God, I trust you that if I humble myself, YOU will lift me out of the situation and set my feet on higher ground""

Lastly, learning from our mistakes.

"Proverbs 24:16 "For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity"

Lisa writes "The Wicked do not choose to get up; they remain in our fallen state. Their mistakes are not their instructors; they are their downfall. They do not learn from their mistakes; they become entangled and overcome by them.

God wants his daughter's to be passionate and powerful. If you are not constructive with your anger, if you turn it on yourself or lash out at those around you , you lose your passion and become depressed or oppressed.  Freedom is not found in rebellion to God's ways and wisdom. Freedom is found when we operate within His life giving instructions. Then we can live life without regrets, without fear, and without dragging along the chains of our past.

~I want to be freed from the stronghold that grips me once in for all!  I do not want to be entangled and/or overcome by a pit of despair.  I want to brag about the passion and power that God has equipped in me, as a daughter of the King! I want the freedom of operating under His instructions so that I no longer drag the chains of my past!!! 

1 comment: