Monday, March 16, 2015

Mercies in disguise~

Have you ever looked at the situation you are in and changed your perspective to look at it as a gift rather than a curse??

     I started doing that with my back situation.  I mean everything that happens to us has to have permission through the Lord to begin with. I always think of Job. Satan and Jesus had a conversation about him.
 
It is powerful to know that I am important enough for the Lord to have a conversation about. In his loving, compassionate way he gives permission for that situation to happen. HE already knows everything that happens to us is All part of His WILL.. That means good or bad.

     My husband and I do that with our children.  We discuss the situation;  consider any consequences of actions and whether or not it would be beneficial for them to go through the certain situation. IF we believe that it's not in their best interest We give them the answer NO. But if we feel that it would be a life lesson or teachable moment then we allow it and say YES.  Just like our Heavenly Father does for us; he knows he's going to allow situations to happen even if that means we are in a waiting season as I mentioned before.
I started thanking God for the pain he has allowed me to endure. I have learned many lessons from this; although there are moments when I  am weak, these moments allow me to:
Call upon Him
Trust in Him
Hope in Him
     IT allows me to build character, striping me of pride, humbling myself so that I can call upon friends who are trustworthy,  who will go before the throne and pray for the situation. 
Not only that but then everyone gets to share in the waiting so that when the time comes and God chooses to relinquish the situation we all can see the hand of God working miraculously.   OR... if he doesn't choose to relinquish it we can watch a faithful servant believe in the faithfulness of God when He says:

"There will be NO More Pain & Suffering.. He WILL wipe away ALL your tears!!!"

    Just like Job he made him go through much pain; he lost everything, he also endured persecution from his friends. In the end because Job persevered through his pain & brokenness God blessed him! And that is a huge gift!

     I also think of Daniel when he was thrown in the pit of the Lions Den and how Jesus sent angels to shut the mouths of the Lions and all through the night Daniel trusted in the Lord for his deliverance and not a single scratch was laid upon him. So that's another gift he gives- the gift of deliverance.

     And then like Naomi and Ruth how they lost their husbands and they went on to share in that pain together and how through friendship and their trust in the Lord, God protected them and had a plan for their lives. They each had different lessons to learn, but they faced it together. So God gave the gift of friendship to endure in that lesson together.

And I think of that song by Laura Story
"Blessings"

We pray for blessings,
we pray for peace
Comfort for family,
protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand
to ease our suffering
And all the while,
You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way too much
to give us lesser things

'Cause what if your blessings
come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

We pray for wisdom,
Your voice to hear
We cry in anger
when we cannot feel You near
We doubt your goodness,
we doubt your love
As if every promise
from Your word is not enough
And all the while,
You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

When friends betray us
When darkness seems to win
We know that pain reminds this heart
That this is not,
This is not our home
It's not our home

What if my greatest disappointments
or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst
this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

~My mind and heart become overwhelmed with joy knowing that the Lord has given permission for me to go through the pain that I endure. I may not always feel as if I am persevering but I am growing enough to be appreciative of the many gifts he gives that may not look like gifts at all.

I may not always get the answer I want.... But what I do get is an endless supply of gifts; even if it is His MERCIES in Disquise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment