Monday, April 13, 2015

The Greater YES is around the corner....

Have you ever been told NO by the Lord and just wandered why? Maybe it brought  so much heartache and pain. Maybe even made you mad?

That happend to me ON Saturday.  I wanted to go see a Christian  comedian. I had looked forward to it for quite some time.. But, because of the pain in my back & legs I was unable to go. I cried myself to sleep  after the family left.

But... God was telling  me  no because He had a greater Yes in store for me.. You see on Monday (today) My husband & I  were planning  a picnic. I wanted to be able to enjoy some time  with  him. God knew that wouldn't have  happened if I had went to the show.   I love Tim Hawkins but I love my husband more!!

Today was a great day!!! The weather was beautiful. We packed a lunch, our bibles, chairs and coffee and sat out at the lakes for several hours. It was so enjoyable.

I am thankful for the times I can spend with my bestfriend. Mike has been by my side through all our ups and downs. I sometimes think he got the short end of the stick in this deal!!  He is amazing with dealing with  all my back issues. I admire him so much. We have grown up together. We were talking about the time when we almost gave it all up and quit. We were going through a broken time, but the blessing was right around the corner.
If we had quit we would have missed out on the blessing of walking in ministry  together and the blessing of restoration. I believe God has brought us closer together because when you almost loose something you fight harder than ever to never loose it again!!!

Again God said No!! He allowed us to endure in the hardship and not go through seperation because his greater Yes was right around the corner!!!

How about You? Had God told you No!!!

Today pray about the situation or your circumstances. Pray that God will give you the endurance to hold ON and wait for your Greater YES!!!!

A Greater Yes

By: The Whisnants~

"It starts with a desire, planted deep within your heart
You pray in faith, and wait for God to move
Time passes and you wonder
Did He hear me when I called?
Should I even have prayed that prayer at all?
Chorus:
You never pray a prayer, your Father will not answer
He can’t ignore His child’s earnest request
While you’re waiting and believing
For what you thought was best
Trust God if He says no….. You’re still blessed
There must be a greater yes

There comes a time when child-like faith
Must graduate to trust
Trials come and you’re convinced you’re on your own
But the teacher’s often silent
While you’re in the hardest test
But He’ll answer when it’s time with what is best
Bridge:
Sometimes God will answer – just like we prayed
Then other times what’s on His mind
Is a better plan, a another way, a greater yes"


No comments:

Post a Comment