Thursday, May 28, 2015

Moving

I feel this is long overdue but I wanted to share with you some of the things that we've done to prepare ourselves for moving but first let me give you a recap of our month of May.

It all started by us having a last BBQ for our friends. We invited several people over, ate hamburgers and hotdogs, played cornhole, sat around the fire and just enjoyed ourselves~

Owen attended the homeschoolJunior Prom~

Owen and I finished our algebra tutoring not to mention that we also finished our school!!!  What a race we ran with that; we were both exhausted, I'm so glad this year is behind us. I will have a Senior and a freshman!! Holy Moly~

Mike finished the bathroom remodel at camp along with all the other commitments we had to do. Our last commitment was Family Camp, I cried at the closing ceremony. God put that in our hearts to start at Rivercrest because Mike and I both had a passion to help marriages and families create lasting memories that would help them recconect, by providing a save environment to do so. I pray that it will continue to grow~
(BTW-WE had 22 families partcipate!)

We had a staff BBQ which turned out being a surprise going away party to honor our time at Rivercrest. Wow! I was a crying baby.. Rivercrest  will always hold a place in my heart~

We attended several graduations~

One of my besties visited from out of state for the graduations. We scheduled a ladies night craft/snack night. That was a lot of fun~

Lyv and I had a Mother/Daughter night out, with one of her best friends & Mom. We stayed at a hotel. The girls got ready to have dates with Dads. The Dads took them to the Texas Roadhouse. While there they presented them their purity rings♡ Once back at the hotel we drank coffee and ate cheesecake from the cheesecake  factory.. yummy! The Dads left so we all did facials and played Apples to Apples. Afterwards we went to bed. The girls woke up @ 6:30 to go swimming. The day consisted of pedicures, putt-putt, lunch, shopping and ice cream. We finished the day off with a photo shoot! It was such a fun day~

This month has flewn by. I can't believe back in September the Lord gave Mike a vision. We talked, prayed, talked & prayed more about the decision. After much consideration we made the decision to move ahead. Every time I had a doubt the Lord would give us peace about the decision we were making. I have compared the preparation of transitioning like a pregnant mother. Like the pregnant mother, we have gone through many phases. Each phase has brought along different emotions. By the 9th month she is ready to birth her newborn with great expectation of what the future holds, all the while dealing with the anxiety of change. She questions the future, but eagerly awaits the arrival. As the labor begins the pains are suttle with a bit of  discomfort. But, In order for there to be new life she must go through a painful process. Just like the pregnant mother, Our labor has begun. We are filled with anxiety of what tomorrow will bring, but We eagerly await what God is calling us to. However, I am filled with the sadness of saying goodbye to friends who have become like family.  I question the future but know God has bigger plans! I know that the pain I am experiencing now is only the beginning to the new chapter in our journey. For that I am thankful. I know that sadness may last for a night, but the joys comes in the morning~

Our May commitments are over; we even turned in our keys & cards yesterday :(
As our last few days have been filled with packing, packing and more packing God in His loving, gentle ways reminds me that he is my shield and my protector.

We have taken breaks to enjoy a last game of euchre with our euchre playing friends :) 
We have taken breaks to eat down at camp (what a blessing - since we Have boxes everywhere)
We have taken breaks to go over to friends
I took a break to have my hair cut & colored (who knows the last time I will get it done again?!)
I will take a break tomorrow for a coffee social.
And... we will take a break to watch two of the past counselors at Camp get married tomorrow

In the midst of all that we will be ready to pull out of here on Saturday. We have truly enjoyed our (almost) 4 years here. We have created lots of memories, built lasting friendships & had an amazing experience.  For all of this.... We are truly grateful!







No comments:

Post a Comment