Monday, June 1, 2015

The move Part 1

Saturday morning came and I woke up anxious about the move..

*we werent packed all the way
*the house wasn't cleaned
*and most importantly I wandered one more time if what we were  doing was the right thing.
I decided to read a devotion to ease my mind and these words popped off the page

"I am Emmanuel (God with you)"

God spoke to my heart as I asked the question:  What are we doing?
I mean We have no home, no job, no place to go essentially. I mean who does this?

"I called you to it
I will guide you through it"

So I began the day with the affirmation that although we may not know exactly what we are doing God has asked us to step out in a leap of faith, giving us peace to do it. So I got up and began packing. I quickly realized that my back & leg was doing amazingly well considering. Once again I was thankful for God being faithful with the little things..
We need to trust His timing. 

We weren't expecting help due to the timing of us moving... however, another blessing was given to us as a few friends started to show up and help us load the truck. We actually got everything loaded in 3 hours!! 

Much thanks to those involved!!

By this time I was very emotional but trying to hold in my emotions. We were busy finalizing everything and just wanted to stay focused. Mike came to me to explain that the hitch on the uhaul was  2" and our ball on the trailer wasn't going to fit. Which meant I would have to pull the trailer instead of our sons car. Let me back up a minute; years ago Mike rear ended me, ever since I have been paranoid with having anything too close to me while driving.  I was fearful of even pulling the car much less the trailer.  Not having done this before I was thrown into having to pull it over 6 hours!  The weight of this burden was overwhelming me mixed with emotions of saying goodbye.  Once again the words my devotions I read earlier...

"Accept every event as My hand-tailored provision for your needs"

A friend of mine asked me if leaving was so sad, why move at all??

Well, to answer the question it is in Obedience of what God is calling us to do.  Just because we are being obedient to what we feel the Lord is calling us to do doesn't make it any less diffucult! With that said there is no better place to be in than in the will of God.

We have done this once before when we moved to Nebraska. Yes, it was extremely sad and scary to leave our comfort zone, our family our friends and everything we knew. However, we have been blessed beyond what we could have ever imagined in these last four years. It's with great expectations we wait eagerly in faith knowing that we serve the same God who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow!! 

So after everything was done.. we hit the road to leave our Nebraska home, our beautiful friends, and a place we have cherished and will hold dear to our hearts, Camp Rivercrest.

Our first destination was to only take 6 hours but took 8.5 hours due to me pulling the trailer. I was so nervous most the time but the word Emmanuel came to mind, over & over again. The travel was amazing, & traffic was light. We had two minor hiccups but God's provision was with us.

We are so thankful for all those who are  praying over us... We covet your prayers as we begin a new chapter of this journey of ministry that we are on~♡

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. COLOSSIANS 2 : 6 –7"

No comments:

Post a Comment