Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Love for His Children

This guy is a senior this year!! My oldest son choose not to do the college path so I did not have to worry about such things and yet I still feel as if I am overwhelmed with what needs done.

~Register for A.C.T
~Sign up for our umbrella school
~Search for scholarship applications & grants
~Not to mention plan his final year out with the last few credits he needs to receive
~Familiarize ourselves with our new homeschool co-op
~Plan his graduation
~Take senior pictures
~etc. etc. etc.

I feel overwhelmed and need to remind myself that God has plan for Him.
During service on Sunday the pastor was talking about LOVE

Love can be pure but it also can be tainted.  It can become and idol, and idol becomes a demon and a demon destroys us.

James 1:14 "but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death"

An example that he used was the overbearing parent. We start out loving our children and its pure.. But then selfishness gets in the way caused by fear and anxiety to let them go no matter the cost.  That struck a cord with me.  I witnessed this within my own childhood and wanted to be free from it; and yet, in my own way I realized for many years I was parenting out of fear, which is selfishness.  The opposite of selfishness is being selfless which is what pure love is.

Are we prepared to trust the design and path God has prepared for our children  no matter the cost??

My heart both rejoices and aches at times knowing that one day our children will have their own life and need to make decisions based on what they believe will be the best interests for them; but it also aches to know that life will be full of pain, disappointments, trials and challenges.

James 1:2 "Consider it a pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"

I tried to quiet my anxiety as I was filling out all the paper forms and making a list of what needs to be accomplished.  A still, small voice whispered to my heart... 

"The love you have for your children doesn't begin to compare for the love that I have for them"

A Father loves his children so much that he lay down His life for us.....

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" 


Image result for Jesus on the cross with his arms stretched out and says i love you this much


We can not fathom how good God's love is for us.. We can only try to understand how deep that love is because of the love we have for our own children.  I love my children so much that I want that love to be pure and not tainted with my own insecurities, fears, or selfishness.... I want to put my trust and hope in a Father that loves me so much that he would lay down his life for me.  He has already written a plan out for not only my sons and daughter but for all HIS CHILDREN....


Jeremiah 29:11 "For I KNOW the plans I HAVE FOR YOU, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

No comments:

Post a Comment