Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Twenty Four Years!!!!

 
 
 
 
September 7th, 1996 is when I married my best friend. 
 
Our 19th year anniversary is just around the corner. But this day, August 18th, has a special spot in my heart; this was when Mike and I began our journey.  We started "going together" 24 years ago today!!! Haha....
We were my daughters age!! Crazy!! We were so young we didn't know what Love really was. We didn't know what lied ahead for our future. We didn't know that life would be cruel, mean, and painful. We didn't know that life would also be fun, adventurous and exciting. We didn't know that our life would intertwine together, or complete each other. We didn't know that in the journey of life we would become best friends, husband and wife, lovers, and parents to three beautiful children. We didn't know the challenges, trials, or struggles we would face. We didn't know the fear, pain, and emotions we would face.
We didn't know that beauty we would share. 
 
All we knew is that we wanted to be together.  Twenty four year later I look back at the journey we have shared.  I can honestly say it has been a roller coaster of emotions.
  I never imagined loving someone like I do MY HUSBAND. 
 
Mike and I came to a part in our marriage where we almost gave it up.  IT was short of the Blessing God Gave to us!! When you almost loose something or someone you fight like crazy to keep it//them.  The fight does not belong to us; it belongs to the Lord.  What we were doing wrong is trying with our own strength to keep something together that was already meant to be together.
When we gave the control up and over to the Lord not only did He restore our marriage He has BLESSED it immensely.
 
I think about how many times we run a race in life and come to a point where we just want to give up, we are done fighting, we are done struggling. Our situations don't seem to change or get better for that matter. Or life plainly sucks.... I feel like when we get to the "end of our ropes" is where God wants us.  
 It is in these moments, in our weakness, that HE IS STRONG. This is when he is able to work mightily because it is in these moments we have nothing to give but HE HAS EVERYTHING TO GIVE. 
 
God has a plan for each of our lives. We just feel like we can control our own lives which creates a huge struggle; the battle is not ours to fight... When we realize that it is not our battle to fight we have an amazing peace about it.
 
ROMANS 5
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
 
In honor of today I thought I would go down memory lane and share a few pieces of my heart with you~ 
 
ENJOY!!
#24 years
#best friends
 
 
 
 


















2 comments:

  1. Nice information keep sharing with us. Please check out web developer also. I hope it will help you.

    ReplyDelete