Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 11-21 of Thanksgiving... A visit

So obviously while I was visiting Nebraska for the last 10 days I fell off the bandwagon of sharing my thankfulnes!!
To clarify, Just because I haven't posted doesn't mean I am not thankful I just have missed doing the challenge... So to sum up what I have been thankful for and to share a bit of my visit I thought I would group it all together...... so here you go!! 

11) First time plane rides....

This was my first experience and I am glad I got to share it with my daughter! To set the record straight for all those around I annoyed greatly with my anxiety... I actually LOVED FLYING!!! :)

12) The tickets were a blessing to us.

I am thankful for the generosity of caring people who are willing to step in other lives to fill a grandparent role. I am extremely thankful for the tickets. Words can't express my gratitude but I will be forever thankful and humble by those who are willing to make a difference!! 

13) My daughter turned 15!!!

I am so thankful for her. She is my miracle baby in more ways than one. I am over joyed to have a beautiful daughter who is sugar and spice and everything nice. I love her more than words can ever express. I look at her and see the lady she is becoming and thank God for giving me a chance at raising her!!

14) Scrap book retreats...

One of the many perks of working at camp is partcipating in their retreats. When we moved away I was bummed that I wouldn't get to go to the craft retreat.... (that and family camp are my personal favorites) So when I found out I was going back during that time I was super excited & thankful. It is an amazing opportunity to do those projects you have been putting off for the year... a way to fellowship with other women... eat awesome food and just be away from all responsibilities for the weekend!!

15) Amazing friendships....

I am Thankful for the many friendships God has put in my path. I cherish each of my friends and value the beauty that it comes with. I am blessed beyond measure when it comes to those who share life with me near or far.

16) Pastor Carl & Janet....
 
I am Thankful for my Nebraska pastor and his wife. They are mentors to me. They not only preach the love of Jesus but they act like the love of Jesus. They simply don't live it on Sunday they live it through out their whole lives. To see the eyes of the Father through their eyes is a love I am very thankful for. I am blessed to have been under his leadership & their counsel!!!

17) Special Days....

I am thankful that others will be giving of their time that they put aside special days to spend with you. We shared in a coffee social while we were back (of which I am thankful for)  and a girls shopping trip. Now those who know me know I am not particularly keen on shopping but I love the time that is spent together. I would have to say Lyvvie was really spoiled during this shopping trip!! :) 

18) Scooters.....

Scooters is a coffee place that I am thankful for. It isn't so much about the place but the tradition of meeting a few good friends there to enjoy coffee and comrade!! My visit back couldn't go without the tradition of meeting at scooters with a precious friend of mine. I was bummed that our mutal friend couldn't make it but I do know I am loved by her...

19) Sharing birthdays with friends... 

So my birthday is Christmas eve and a dear friend of mine her birthday is the day after Christmas.Growing up our birthdays may or may not have been forgotten.. let's face it, it is hard to compete with Jesus' birthday (haha)   We have had the tradition of going out for our birthdays, giving each other birthday gifts in either birthday wrapping paper or bags NOT CHRISTMAS or holiday wrapping paper and just remembering each other. So I am thankful for our little breakfast together and a chance to remember each other for our December birthdays!! 

20) Hospitality.....

 I can not go this whole trip with out being Thankful for the hospitality others show!! From a couple who opened up their home for both me & my daughter while visiting, from my daughters' friend families opening their homes on quick, short notices, from the camp allowing us to come back nightly to finish scrapbooking to friends who open their homes just for an hour and have coffee ready....I am thankful for hospitality both in large and small doses...One of My love languages are acts of service so I am shown love by these simple yet priceless acts of kindness!! 

21)  And finally Experiences.....

I am thankful for experiences. For it is that which shapes the mind that will hold lastly the memories that are created for such a time.... The experiences we have are what turns to memories later. Although the time comes when we no longer experience the experiences we forever hold on to the memories for which it was created!! 

^^^^^ ok.. I am not sure this makes sense but I felt like a poet so I am keeping it!!! Hahahaha~




No comments:

Post a Comment