Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day 2 & 3 of Thanksgiving...Pain & Suffering !!

      As most people know I have suffered with chronic back pain for many years. I know God has a plan for it. Some days are harder than others; as I unveil the filter of my life during the pain it becomes pretty ugly:
 
~The gritting of the teeth as I move and every part of my back aches 
~The pain that is so debilitating causing me to humbly & shamefully ask for help of my family to help me walk, bend or lift
~The excruciating pain that causes me to shed many, many tears
~The weight gain from the lack of physical exercises
~The guilt from having to try and explain to people around me why I just  wont or cant do something about the weight
~The feeling of laziness and self worth
 
OH! But in my weakness GOD is strong!! 
 
 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "My grace is sufficient for thee for my strength is made perfect in your weakness" 
 
So on day 2 & 3 I am thankful for the pain & suffering.....
 
Day 2: PAIN
 
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 "Therefore we don't lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary but is unseen is eternal"
 
~Each day we are being renewed
~Our suffering is only temporary but produces an eternal reward
 
Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying of pain"
 
~I look forward to the day I live in no more pain!!!!!!   
 
2 Corinthians 1:3-6 "......For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ comfort overflows"
 
~In our sufferings God pours out his comfort. I know first hand the comfort I have experience in the depth of the pain.  
 
 

 
Day 3: SUFFERING
As we experience the suffering that comes with the pain it produces in us:
 
~Intimacy with God (Job 42:5)
 
"My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you"
 
"There's an opening of the soul that happens during times of stress or duress, during times of suffering we experience God at a deep profound level" ~Dr. Hager
 
~Equips us to comfort others (2 Cor. 1:3-5)
~Refines Us (Isaiah 48:10)
 "I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction"
~Produces growth & maturity (James 1:2-4)
~Conforms us into God's image (Romans 8:28-29)
 
When we seek God through his word & prayer we find Jesus.
Remember, Jesus understands our pain because he, too, suffered!!
 
Psalm 22:1 "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?
 
 
 
"Am I going to let my circumstances determine my view of God, or am I going to let God determine how I view my circumstances? 
 Laura Story~
 
*********************************************************
 
I had my first acupuncture appointment yesterday.  Each individual responds differently so she has no way of predicting how I will do but she said those who come in the condition that I am in may take several sessions.  The experience was great once all the needles were all placed I am left laying there in the quiet dark room to relax and go to "MY HAPPY PLACE" well.. my happy place is before the throne of the Lord.. As I was praying God continued to whisper these special words:
 
                             I am the ultimate physician!! 
 
*I stand on his promises that HE IS THE GREAT and MIGHTY physician and HE WILL heal me in HIS TIMING..... and until then... I will THANK HIM for the PAIN & SUFFERING and when I simply can not thank him because of my weaknesses and in my vulnerability I will just stand on HIS promises that in MY WEAKNESS HE IS STRONG~
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment