Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My word for 2016....

I have taken a few days to ponder on a word I would focus on for this upcoming year. I looked over my lists of goals to see what I would like to accomplish. At the end of the day the things I didn't accomplish last year were things I avoided because of a struggle or challenge. 
 I asked myself why? Of the fruits of the spirit,  the hardest one for me is self control.
By definition self control is:
"Control of one's emotions, desires, or actions by one's own will" 
Synonyms of self control are:
Essentially self control is the same as self discipline.. self discipline is no easy task but without it we miss out on character building. 
This year my word will be 
"SELF-DISCIPLINE"
Self discipline should transform the whole person; thoughts, speech, behavior,  & body. 
~Areas I want to work on are studying scriptures & praying more consistently. One of my goals is to be more effective in my Christian witness in particularly sharing the gospel with others.
On a personal level I want to improve areas such as:
Finishing what I start
Practicing self-denial
Getting organized
Being on time
Accepting responsibility 
Utilizing my time wisely for
 creativity, stimulating and challenging things
 (instead of so much time on facebook)
Prioritizing my tasks
~Some verses I will work on memorizing this year will be the following:
Titus 1:8
Galatians 5:22-23
Proverbs 25:28
2 Timothy 1:7
Proverbs 3:11-12
Hebrews 12:11
Hebrews 12:1
2 Peter 1:5-7
I am eager to see what the new year holds. I am, both, excited and nervous to work on such a word. But I know it will produce a harvest of righteousness & peace!  Its time to embrace the new year... 2016 is coming ready or not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment