Monday, December 28, 2015

Reflecting over 2015

                                               
                             
Wow!!  I cant believe we have a few days left in the year 2015.  I remember when I was a kid it seemed as if the years slowly went by. Now that I am an adult I feel the opposite is true. At any rate I wanted to take the time to slow it down a bit to reflect over the year to look back at the goals I had set  and then to set new goals for the upcoming year.

Looking back at last years goals I feel I successfully did 7 of the 10.  I could focus on the negative here and how I wished I could have met all these goals; however, I will focus on the positive knowing I worked hard this year and did more than half!

One of my goals last year was to read 12 books. It was a low number, but I am a slow reader and have a hard time comprehending.  For years I have avoided reading; but, in setting this goal I gained a new found love for reading again.  Not only did I achieve my goal but I accomplished it by three times!!  I will be putting this one back on my list of goals to focus on.

Another goal was to focus on Mike and My relationship. I will continue to do this so we can continue to strengthen our marriage.  We will be celebrating 20 years this year, so we would love to go away.  Definitely a goal to work towards. I am thinking a cruise... But we will see!! 

My word for 2015 was communication.  When I choose this word I truly thought I would be focusing more on communicating with those around me in less of a social media kind of way. However, the Lord revealed to me that my word was meant for me to be in better communication with Him! I have learned a lot this year.  In fact, I have always wanted to journal. I usually start but never finish. So this year I am putting this on my list of goals to focus on and will try to work at persevering through out the year.  I am praying about this upcoming word for the year 2016......


Some of the goals I didn't reach were:
~Memorizing the book of James, which I will continue to do this year
~I can't say I yielded 100% to the Lord  & His desires as this is a work in progress along with being the Mom I need to be for each of my kids.  I would say I was a bit more intentional but not consistently. I will continue these this year as well. 
~MY BLOG I will continue to work on being more consistent with this


In addition I will be adding these goals to focus on in 2016: 

 ~The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace
~Adjusting to the new area, establishing friendships and starting small groups & bible studies
~Listening to Gods leading as we wait for His Timing for the vision  & the reason He called us to Tennessee
~Opportunities to share the gospel and to witness the salvation of others



Hebrews 12:1
 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us"
                                                  




No comments:

Post a Comment