Monday, August 29, 2016

Insecurities

I hate when Insecurities rears its ugly head...

It can be just an innocent conversation that gets your mind thinking over and over about the conversation..

It can be a group picture that was taken that didn't include your child..

It can be a false label about your child...

It can be your child being excluded because of conditions that are unfair....

It can be a look...

It can be a doubt...

It can be that you just don't fit into a social click that's been formed regardless of how sweet others can be....

It can be a canceled date..

It can be a feeling of the "un's" unloved, undesired, unwanted, unexcepted...

It can be a forgotten appointment...

It can be discouragement...

It can be NOTHING AT ALL....

And yet our mind is our biggest battle field, our worse enemy, our way of losing focus.  It can paralyze us with fear, prohibit our growth and bring us into a pit of despair...

Our mind can choose to live in the lie that plaques us with negative thoughts leaving us in an emotional state of feeling knocked down...

Or it can choose to battle the war by dusting ourselves off, standing back up with our eyes looking towards the maker of heaven earth which is where our help comes from. It can choose to put on the whole armor of God in preparation; for the battle isn't against flesh and blood but by the rulers or darkness!!

It can choose to say....
I refuse to feel defeated..
I refuse to feel forgotten..
I refuse to fill my void with the world..
I refused to feel lonely...
I refuse to be a people pleaser...
I refuse to feel like I must fit in every social walk of live..
I refuse to be depressed...
I refused to be angry...
I refused to feel sad for my child..
I refuse to feel INSECURE!!

We are accepted by the ONE who layed down is life for us..
HE delights over us.
He dances over us...
HE has chosen us...
HE has called us...
Most importantly HE LOVE US!!

No comments:

Post a Comment