Saturday, January 7, 2017

Books for 2017

Image result for clipart of books

 
~I am in the process of compiling a list of books to read for 2017.... I went to facebook and asked what good books others have read to get ideas. I got a lot of suggestions; although I tend to read Christian Fiction (it is my favorite) I do want to read other genres.  With that being said,  I read my first book of the year last night.  The book was entitled "the Language of Flowers" by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Image result for the language of flowers        NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
"The Victorian language of flowers was used to convey romantic expressions: honeysuckle for devotion, asters for patience, and red roses for love. But for Victoria Jones, it’s been more useful in communicating mistrust and solitude. After a childhood spent in the foster-care system, she is unable to get close to anybody, and her only connection to the world is through flowers and their meanings. Now eighteen and emancipated from the system with nowhere to go, Victoria realizes she has a gift for helping others through the flowers she chooses for them. But an unexpected encounter with a mysterious stranger has her questioning what’s been missing in her life. And when she’s forced to confront a painful secret from her past, she must decide whether it’s worth risking everything for a second chance at happiness." ~Barnes & Nobble


The past can influence the way we handle relationships in the present.  We can choose to let it impact us in a negative or positive way. While reading this I questioned the characters actions and behaviors; but realized the importance of not judging too quickly in how others face life challenges.  We can't possibly fathom the road that each of us walk.

Our past can have a stronghold on us that enables us to grow.  Sometimes our behaviors and actions, our habits, our pain comes from the root of these strongholds; and sometimes we may not be aware of how it affects us.  I myself have struggled with making peace with my past and I can assure you that the process was difficult, but it produced a harvest of peace & righteousness.

Forgiveness was another topic that got me thinking as well!!  I confess,  I have  missed wonderful opportunities, or wasted too much time not forgiving someone.. But seriously, if we can think of it on the terms of helping ourselves.. we can look at it in a whole new perspective. The time that is wasted on the lack of forgiveness is so painful.  It isn't easy but it frees ourselves to move forward. We are running a race that is hard, so if we are able to throw aside the weight and sin which entangles us, and makes the race easier to endure than I leave the question; Why NOT?    
A few books I will be reading are:
"Wounded by God's People" by Anne Graham Lotz
"The Beauty of Broken" by Elisa Morgan"
"Unashamed" by Christine Caine
"All the Light We Can Not See" by
Anthony Doerr"
"Fools Rush In" by Janice Thompson
"Magnolia Story" by Chip & Joanna G


**NOTE**  If you know of a good book please let me know? It might make my list for 2017!!  Thanks~

No comments:

Post a Comment