Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

                          Happy New Year!!!!

Well the new year is here! And.. like I promised I worked on my goals for this upcoming year. But first I want to share an activity we did last night while waiting for the arrival of 2017.

We met at our friends house and had lots of food and played games! Right before the New Year we sat around and wrote out on index cards if we had any mistakes, regrets, anger, bitterness or something we hadn't asked forgiveness or forgiven someone from. We took a moment and wrote it out and one by one we threw the index cards in the fire, symbolically of letting go that thing that held us up in 2016.

Too many times we allow these negative feelings to entangle us. In Hebrews 12:1 it says

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us"

Again this is what I am doing as I move ahead this year. I'm forgetting the old and looking forward to the new... Isaiah 43:18~
With that said the goals I have set, for myself, for this year are as follows: 

                           Goals for 2017


~Study my Bible daily

~Memorize the book of James

~Memorize the verses from 2016

~Share the gospel with others

~Communicate with Jesus daily

~Grow deeper with Mike

~Forgive quickly

~Help boys find their first place & help them       furnish it 

~Help the boys move

~Work on my relationship with Lyvvie

~Get a truck to pull camper

~Go camping twice

~Get passports

~Go on a cruise

~Read 35 books

~Lose weight

~Get on a better schedule

~Journal & Blog better

~Be on time

~Get organized 

~Do creative & productive things

~Be a better steward of my time

~Restart the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace

~Write letters (snail mail) to my nephew &            friends 


No comments:

Post a Comment