Sunday, May 14, 2017

Overcoming


     Today for Mother's Day we decided to take a hike up in the Great Smoky Mountains to Spruce Flats Falls.  It's a strenuous two-mile hike there & back. Since I herniated my discs in my back about 5 years ago I've suffered through a great deal of pain. The journey has been long, and weary at times but I have believed that God would heal my back in His timing.
      In December I decided to go back on a weight loss Journey to help my back.  I wanted to be healthy so that I can be used by God to my fullest potential. Since December I have lost 35 lbs! I have a long ways to go but I am overcoming one of the hardest battles in my life currently. I am overcoming by God's strength. The more I actively respond the more He does!! I am beyond blessed by His goodness and bit by bit He is doing a miraculous healing!! Those who have been around know the level and the depths to which I have suffered and for me to have completed this hike is nothing short of a miracle in and of itself!
      I will continue to bring His name glory in the journey to loose weight and to gain strength in my back! I take it one day at a time, as I have many days I still struggle. I want to focus on the positive and today on Mother's day I enjoyed a hike and for that I am extremely grateful!!!!!

Isaiah 55:11 "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."

1 comment: