Sunday, June 18, 2017

Fathers Day!!!

Twenty Two years ago I had to tell Mike that I was pregnant! I was so scared as I was only 16 years old. Our influences around us tried to convince us to have an abortion; we were so young and really had no means to provide for a child.

But nothing has ever gotten in the way for Mike. He has always embraced every challenge that has come along sacrifically! Not only did we have our first born son, Kirk, but continued our family to have Owen and Lyvvie. The entire time Mike has provided for his family.

Mike has an amazing work ethic. Not only has he taught his children this but also to have integrity and good character. Mike has not had a positive, father, role model in his life so in order to leave a legacy behind we have had to stand on the front lines and create a model for the next generation on our own. We have equally done well at this task as we have made many mistakes. We have had some positive, influential people along the way that we could lean on for support and encouragement.

Mike not only is an amazing Father but he has been a wonderful husband. We have had our share of ups and downs, in fact, our marriage almost did not make it at year 13. Mike found the Lord and was saved by grace! Not only that but God restored our marriage and we will celebrate our 21st anniversary this fall! Praise God.

Through these last 22 years of Mike being a Father he has put his family first, worked hard to provide for his family, and has been a great role model for not only his two amazing sons but his beautiful daughter! Today as I reflect on Father's Day I wanted to make sure I spoke into who he is. Mike would never do this for himself because he is very humble..

I am so blessed to have this man in my life. He is my best friend, my husband, and the Father of our three children! I hope you have a wonderful day Mike, you deserve this...even though it's a made up holiday!! ;)

Love you.. Happy Father's Day! ♡♡♡♡


No comments:

Post a Comment