Sunday, June 4, 2017

Weight Loss Journey

I officially hit my 40 pound mark so I decided I would be brave enough to post pictures.

The thing about weight loss is it is so easy to fall off the band wagon when things don't go the way you want them too. Or because it is a journey of perseverence. We want instant results and weight loss is such a gradual thing.

Like I mentioned before I decided to loose weight back in 2011 but hurt my back so I'm at it again. But this time is a little different. Where I'm focused on getting healthy and because of that the pounds are coming off!! (Whoop whoop)

There is so much I never knew or didn't take the time to learn.  I always saw people around me using food as a way of losing weight but I just never wanted to do that; in fact, I always believed I never struggled with food because there were many many days where I would not even eat at all.  The inconsistency was killing me. My body was storing up the fat causing me to gain weight.
The other problem I struggle with is the lack of sleep. I never realized how much that plays into the factor of weight gain. Who would have thought a lack of sleep can contribute to an unhealthy lifestyle. Sadly, this is the hardest pattern to correct for me!
Another issue was my water intake. There were days I drank plenty and days I hardly drank at all! Again the problem was inconsistency!!
And yet another issue, due to my back, I couldn't exercise. If I had a good day I would work for 10 minutes but never enough time to be intentional or enough time to really get the heart pumping. But even before my back I have had a lazy tendency towards exercise. Let's be real! :)
So I started to see a pattern with what I was doing in my life.. it wasn't necessarily  what I ate but it was the inconsistency of all the things that matters in a healthy lifestyle.
Again, I never looked at these issues before I just decided to jump on a bandwagon try to loose weight and if I didn't do it quick enough I would fall off!! I had no idea all these other issues played a huge key into a  successful weight loss and a journey to becoming healthy.
Lastly I had to realize that my journey to healthy will look differently than your journey to healthy and visa versa. We can not compare because we all struggle with different things. Our focus may be a bit different than the next person. So focusing on our own race will help. We definitely need accountabilty and having a friend to help support and encourage you is so beneficial because  this is way more than a physical change or an appearance change. Becoming healthy is so more than that;  it is mentally changing your perspective, & it is emotionally draining and yet rewarding. 
I am blessed to have an amazing accountability partner. She and I have walked so many of the same seasons in our lives, so it only made sense to share in this journey as well. Her focus is a bit different as she is learning that her body is intolerant to many things. So adjusting to meet the needs of her body has been challenging in and of itself. But we are able to offer words of encouragement, or ideas, or simply just a conversation about it!
I don't have all the answers, I am still learning but I am making slow progress.. I am taking it one day at a time.. and that is all I can do!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment